• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England to play two extra T20Is this summer?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You lie down with dogs and you get fleas.

If the report is accurate Sky have been pretty understanding so far, because the ECB has failed to deliver.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Should arrange an extra Test this summer instead.

BTW, on a semi-related note, did I read that the crims are over here for ODIs again next summer?

Pretty cool if so. Always enjoy unattached ODI series more (SL away 07, Aus last year, etc)

Spark

Global Moderator
I think so. I remember complaining here about it that we were playing you about sixteen thousand times in two years or so and that certainly was part of that rant.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha yeah - the logical thing to do when arranging such series would be to remove the post-Ashes series. Joking aside (as I know we got it handed to us in both), is much more enjoyable and purposeful when the series is in isolation.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah maybe so. Worst thing about the two post-Ashes series though was A. they were post-Ashes unlike in 05 when they were the leadup to the main event and B. they were soooo ****ing looooooooong

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Should arrange an extra Test this summer instead.

BTW, on a semi-related note, did I read that the crims are over here for ODIs again next summer?

Pretty cool if so. Always enjoy unattached ODI series more (SL away 07, Aus last year, etc)
SL away was on the back of a Test series.

I've been banging on about unattached series for ages. Particularly against Australia - IMO there isn't really a meaningful ODI rivalry between us - Ashes summers shouldn't have a 7 game ODI series tacked on at the end of it.

Though I'd be pretty annoyed if Australia playing an ODI series next summer cost us a Test vs South Africa. Sounds like we're going for the 6 Test 13 ODI format we had last year.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
You guys shouldn't have won the T20 world cup, which by the way was most out of character thing a team has done in a long time :p

Just to point out facts, BCCI was as reluctant to embrace T20 as it is to embrace UDRS. Even now it supports IPL for the money it brings in but doesn't particularly promote T20 internationals. After India's T20 WC win, Pakistan requested that a T20 be included in their tour to India which BCCI turned down.

I know Howe_Zat is joking, but yeah.