• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Pakistan in West Indies

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
They have to try and hit him off his length. Use your feet, sweep, pinch singles - do something! The leggie being allowed to settle into a nice rhythm is ominous for Pak. Umar Akmal needs to take the initiative.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I personally think that was a bit harsh, mate. He got well-forward and was playing a stroke. I don't have too much faith in this hawk-eye thing and my instinct would tell me to rule it in his favour. I was kinda surprised when he put up the crooked finger.
Yeah that's the UDRS for you.. now that it's been brought in umpires are likelier to give LBWs even when batsmen are well forward.

It will be interesting to see how Gambhir plays Bishoo. I can certainly see him giving Dravid some trouble as he tends to play spin from the crease.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Salman has a very classical forward press... and not much else by the looks of it so far. Admittedly it's (very) early days.
His technique wasn't great on the forward defensive.

His bat came in too late and from a wrong angle and thus the bat face kept opening up.
Slight turn either way and he was a gonner.

Unless he forced it,naturally for all his forward defensives the bat face ended up facing the offside after the shot.
And when he forced it too remain straight, the bat swing became slow and the pad an obstruction of sorts.

He'll keep getting trapped this way if he keeps playing like this,during the series.

Last edited:

vcs

One of the WI commentators mentioned that Roach bowls a bit too full at times.. I can understand why he said that. Also he's not getting any lateral movement or seam movement at all today.. both Rampaul and Sammy were able to get some seam movement.

vcs

His technique wasn't great on the forward defensive.

His bat came in too late and from a wrong angle and thus the bat face kept opening up.
Slight turn either way and he was a gonner.

Unless he forced it,naturally for all his forward defensives the bat face ended up facing the offside after the shot.
And when he forced it too remain straight, the bat swing became slow and the pad an obstruction of sorts.

He'll keep getting trapped this way if he keeps playing like this,during the series.
Interesting observation. He certainly seemed to be struggling. Shafiq was also trapped in a similar manner after being beaten outside the offstump a couple of times.

Austerlitz

U19 Debutant
Yeah that's the UDRS for you.. now that it's been brought in umpires are likelier to give LBWs even when batsmen are well forward.

It will be interesting to see how Gambhir plays Bishoo. I can certainly see him giving Dravid some trouble as he tends to play spin from the crease.
Dravid is a great player of spin from the backfoot,especially while cutting and on driving.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Gambhir will most certainly use his feet against him.

And Dravid will play more on the backfoot and late a bit like what Kallis and Amla did in India on slow low tracks.
Though with his form being dodgy ,he may end up getting bogged down and getting out in the frustration of being so.

And everytime i see more of these UDRS affected ,front foot LBW'S i wonder how much it would have affected Kumble .
He used to hit the pads so many bloody times and no get LBW'S .That was his main game more so than any other spinner.

If India had him around ,they would have probably accepted the UDRS and the BCCI too.:laugh:
Harbhajan does not get those many hits on the pads.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Would have loved to see Sehwag take on this West indies attack on such a track.

He is the best player in the world on such uneven bounce and slow turning tracks.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Why don't they have a forward short-leg for Roach against the No. 8? It's an up-and-down track and the guests are tottering. Would make sense, I'd think.

ADD: 41.4 - Damn! That's a leg-break and a half!

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Salman did you post this on cricinfo......I actually lol'd at this

Salman: "After success of Boom Boom, cricket is happy to present Bishoom Bishoom to the world. "

vcs

Salman did you post this on cricinfo......I actually lol'd at this

Salman: "After success of Boom Boom, cricket is happy to present Bishoom Bishoom to the world. "
cricinfo comments usually fail desperately at being funny, but that was pretty good.

Another brilliant over from Bishoo.. Akmal just manages to fend away a flipper and the next ball beats both the batsman and the keeper and goes for 4 byes.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
awta

Seems like Khatmal is trying to do a Laxman here. Trusting Abdur Rehman with a lot of strike
Rehman is more-or-less looking the part as well. He's had problems with a couple of short ones, but that apart looks fairly organised for a no. 8 batsman.

I didn't check but I would be surprised if the guy doesn't have a century or a few half-centuries in his first-class career.

vcs

Keeper struggling a bit of late. More byes added to the tally. Rehman starting to look a bit more comfortable though.