• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Williamson signs with the Devil (Bracewells mob)

Woodster

International Captain
Yes was going to post regarding this in the England Domestic section. Think it's a fantastic move for Kane Williamson's development, so may be of more benefit to New Zealand than Gloucestershire this season. I only say that because I'm sure it will take him some time to adjust to the English conditions, and the movement that is generally around at Bristol, where most batsman struggle to find consistency.

I am a big fan of Williamson and am pleased he has opted for this move, I'm sure it can only help in developing his game and improving his experience in playing in different conditions. Gloucester are certainly in need of strengthening the batting, and from what I have seen of Williamson the pressure to score runs will not worry him too much, he seems to have an excellent temperament.

I hope he is a huge success, but he will need time to adjust. He was always likely to go to Gloucester if anywhere with their NZ connections in the past.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fantastic. Add me to the Williamson fanboy list. He already looks like an absolute natural against spin, a stint in county cricket will also equip him to deal better with quality pace and the moving ball.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Could be an excellent phase in the development of a batsman I'm keen to get very excited about. Good job he's in the second division, then I don't have to worry about supporting him. :happy:

Do New Zealand have a tour planned for their winter?

Flem274*

123/5
Actually Howitzer, if Gloucs is your new favourite team, does this mean you've given up on Northen Districts?:happy:

You have found the light!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It's great news - exposure to county cricket for any developing NZ player is a positive.

Just hope Bracewell and his focus on limited-overs cricket isn't allowed to affect Williamson's batting style too much. He is best suited at this stage of his career to 4-day/ 5-day batting and that is also what NZ really need him to continue to develop.

Flem274*

123/5

Carrying New Zealand cricket for the next 15 years.

Central Districts; Actually winning games for NZ in the next fifteen years

All trolling aside, this is a good opportunity for Williamson. The 2nd div. quality might not be crash hot, but the pressure to score game after game after game will be great for him.