• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Club in Colombo

bagapath

International Captain
We were holidaying in Sri Lanka for the past two weeks. This was my first trip down there. My wife had included the Cricket Club in Colombo on our itinerary after having gone there during her earlier (official) visit . And boy, was it a great plan or what!

The place is quite cozy and stylish. The walls are covered with cricket memorabilia and photographs and old newspaper cuttings; all tastefully done. This place was actually an old house converted to a pub by an Australian named James. And I wonder if there is a cricket web connection there! I was also looking for Migara among the beer guzzling youngsters watching the game on big TV.

Any of you visiting Colombo in future, make it a point to drop in there for a drink at least.

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I think you are referring to CCC, Tamil Union or SSC. All have very rich cricketing history running back to a century.

I was also looking for Migara among the beer guzzling youngsters
I am not that young mate. Closer to 35 than 30.

Himannv

International Coach
I go there now and then but not that often. Nice spot. Most sports clubs over here are worth a visit now and then IMO.