• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Shane Warne make a comeback???

Blaze 18

Banned
The point is he'd still offer more than any other rubbish spinner we feel obligated to pick.
You don't have to pick a spinner though, do you ? Like I mentioned in one of the Ashes threads, Australia will be better off with four fast bowlers.

smash84

The Tiger King
You don't have to pick a spinner though, do you ? Like I mentioned in one of the Ashes threads, Australia will be better off with four fast bowlers.
Not if all four bowlers were crap and England have not been as good against spin over the years as some of the other sides.

smash84

The Tiger King
If all four fast bowlers are crap, then why not bring back Glenn McGrath as well ?
Did you see him in his wedding photograph???? The guy seems quite unfit unlike Warne who has been able to keep himself in the same shape as 3 years ago.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBH, McGrath looks like he could come in and bowl at the age of 65 with that economical action of his. Warne seemed to expend a lot more energy in his bowling.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Have there ever been instances where picking a guy who hasn't even played First Class cricket for over 2 years have worked out?

smash84

The Tiger King
TBH, McGrath looks like he could come in and bowl at the age of 65 with that economical action of his. Warne seemed to expend a lot more energy in his bowling.
No way. No matter how economical a fast bowler's action is, the fact remains, that it is one of the toughest jobs in the world of sports.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Of course I want England to win and of course Warne is not the cricketer he was, however I am glad he isnt playing. Is a comeback good for Aussie cricket? I couldnt care less but from an English perspective, Im glad it will not happen. An Australia with a 50 yr old Warne is still a more scary proposition than anything else Aus have to offer in the spin dept. Do what your opponents dont want you to do and Im sure England would rather face parttime FC spinner of the week than Warne.

I must admit, Id hate to lose the Ashes but the best scenario if that happening would be Ponting dropped as captain with Warne returning to captain and bowl Australia to an unlikely recovery and series win. :)
I think, despite losing, that would make me smile. Not going to happen though.

joels344

U19 Debutant
I would like to see Warney make a return, even though it's highly unlikely. It would be completely shocking and would add a great deal intimidation, just for him even being there. I don't see him doing as bad as their other bowlers, so I couldn't hurt anything for him to comeback. If he returns and gets an early wicket, this could do some good for Australia's mind-set.

smash84

The Tiger King
Of course I want England to win and of course Warne is not the cricketer he was, however I am glad he isnt playing. Is a comeback good for Aussie cricket? I couldnt care less but from an English perspective, Im glad it will not happen. An Australia with a 50 yr old Warne is still a more scary proposition than anything else Aus have to offer in the spin dept. Do what your opponents dont want you to do and Im sure England would rather face parttime FC spinner of the week than Warne.

I must admit, Id hate to lose the Ashes but the best scenario if that happening would be Ponting dropped as captain with Warne returning to captain and bowl Australia to an unlikely recovery and series win. :)
I think, despite losing, that would make me smile. Not going to happen though.
yes. THIS.