• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Draft

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
The 90's were an era of Australian dominance. Out of 27 ashes matches, they won 16, drew 6 and lost just 5. So which series to pick? It came down to a single moment, when a certain chubby legspinner bowled his first ever delivery in an ashes test. It set the tone for the next 10 years, and for me, is the defining moment of Australia vs England in the 90's.

For round 2, the series is the 1993 ashes.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The 90's were an era of Australian dominance. Out of 27 ashes matches, they won 16, drew 6 and lost just 5. So which series to pick? It came down to a single moment, when a certain chubby legspinner bowled his first ever delivery in an ashes test. It set the tone for the next 10 years, and for me, is the defining moment of Australia vs England in the 90's.

For round 2, the series is the 1993 ashes.
Good pick. Here's the list of players.

All-round records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

I can't see many from England getting picked. Atherton, maybe Stewart, not much else.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Round 1
Himannv - Gilchrist
Fredfertang - Warne
Joao - McGrath
Kingkallis - Hayden
Howe_zat - Ponting
Shri - Flintoff
Nufan - Vaughan
Michaelf7777777 - Pietersen
Zinzan12 - Gillespie
Blakus - Langer
Teja - Clarke
Marcuss - Lee

Round 2
Marcuss - Border
Teja - S.Waugh
Blakus - Healy
Zinzan12 - M.Waugh
Michaelf7777777 - Stewart
Nufan - Reiffel
Shri - Hughes
Howe_zat - Taylor
Kingkallis
Joao
Fredfertang
Himannv

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
There goes the other 'keeper. Damn. After resolving to pick keepers and allrounders early, looks like I'm starting with the batsmen. Still Taylor, Atherton, Boon & Slater left this round.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
With a batting average of over 40 and a bowling average under 23, a terrific all rounder...

Paul REIFFEL

2 M Vaughan
8 P Reiffel

Howe_zat

Audio File
Considered Athers, but I'll take Mark Taylor.

Late-Night Coffee XI

1. Mark Taylor (c)
3. Ricky Ponting

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Round 1
Himannv - Gilchrist
Fredfertang - Warne
Joao - McGrath
Kingkallis - Hayden
Howe_zat - Ponting