• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Gareth Hopkins isn't terrible thread

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, love him. Mainly because everyone hates him. Was never much of a List A player and really, I know Auckland is a road but since he moved there he's averaged 59 from 20 games there. If he can't hold a bat in tests we need to go grow some ****ing grass on Colin Maiden Park.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah unsuprisingly I'm in. Made a few posts defending his batting lately. Dunno about his keeping yet but he'll go okay in Tests with the bat.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah is a bit awkward and clumsy but a pretty solid pair of hands. Isn't very limber with the spinners though.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd always assumed, having not seen him much, he was a brilliant gloveman, considering his pretty woeful batting record, but hearing that he's 'solid' but 'no McCullum' has to be worrying, really. Oh well I'm happy for him to prove everyone wrong and score some runs. Just seriously doubt he'll actually do it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
And the above worries me even more

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like this thread. He'll do alright, IMO. At the very least, Hopkins >>> Robbie Hart.

Howsie

International Captain
You can put me in the "is terrible camp" His keeping is average and he wont average more then 30, I doubt he's still in the test team come next year. I've said it before I think but his poor keeping will see him get the chop.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You can put me in the "is terrible camp" His keeping is average and he wont average more then 30, I doubt he's still in the test team come next year. I've said it before I think but his poor keeping will see him get the chop.
Fair enough. I don't really know much about his keeping. I think he's a much better batsman than a lot of people acknowledge though; I reckon he'll average around 30.