• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

16th Asian Games, Guangzhou 2010

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Japan suprised everyone by playing some gud cricket. Anyways the semis:

Pakistan V Japan
B.Desh V China.

jashan83

U19 Captain
Can anyone tell me where the scores of these matches can be viewed live?

Any links. Help would be really appreciated

jashan83

U19 Captain
Only one option I came across is Asian Cricket Council Fan page on FB.
Laksh That is just in tit's n pieces :(. besides that official Asian games site also sort of give an live update but it is like Just tells the score and does not tell how many overs and how many wickets fallen. Gives just one no of a score

cricman

International 12th Man
Japan and China are playing in the Bronze medal game

China 65ao

Japan in Reply are 12/1 (3.3) Leading Scorer is Extras at 12*

:laugh::laugh:

The Official Website of the 16th Asian Games - Live Scorecard

The Interface of the Scorecard is good the only problem is the Overs are in the Wrong Side, but it's very easy to follow

Bangladeshi and Pakistani Women will go Heads up for the Gold in a few hours

Last edited:

juro

U19 12th Man
Thanks, I was looking for something like this!

China only lost 6 wickets, not all out. Japan seem to be struggling to get any runs other than extras. KURIBAYASHI Ema has 1 off 23 balls. IWASAKI Ayako has 10 off 37 including 2 boundaries.

jashan83

U19 Captain
The Men's tournament my wish list is rather weird. I sm with minnows. The list is as follows

G: SL
S: Afg
B: Nep

lets hope some upsets happen in the tournament.

Xuhaib

International Coach
10 wicket win impressive, infact the opener Nida Rashid had a better technique then Imran Farhat.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Two Pakistans played International Cricket today. Guess this is a sporting history ;-) Anyways China played way better than I expected against Pakistan inspite of loosing with High margin. Srilanka could score 250+ in 2007 T20 WC against a lot experienced Kenya while China playing its 1st international match that too against a T20 World champions could manage to keep them below 200. Quite an achivement I say. A team like China scoring 55 against the pace attack of Pakistan is also not bad. (I knw this is more like Pak B squad but still) I was expecting Pak to score 200+ n china to fold below 20.

jashan83

U19 Captain
The Quarter Final set up is complete
QF1:- Pak V China (Pak already won it)
QF2:- BD V Malaysia ( Dream upset would be BD Loosing :cool:)
QF3:- Afg V HK (Afg will win)
QF4:- SL V Nep (Dream upset 2 would be Nepal winning :laugh:)

then SF would be

Pak V Malaysia (Here I know an upset will never happen)
Afg V Nep (It will be tough, but most likely Afg will win it)

Bronze
Nep Def Malay
Final
Afg Def Pak

Expect the unexpected 8-)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Two Pakistans played International Cricket today. Guess this is a sporting history ;-) Anyways China played way better than I expected against Pakistan inspite of loosing with High margin. Srilanka could score 250+ in 2007 T20 WC against a lot experienced Kenya while China playing its 1st international match that too against a T20 World champions could manage to keep them below 200. Quite an achivement I say. A team like China scoring 55 against the pace attack of Pakistan is also not bad. (I knw this is more like Pak B squad but still) I was expecting Pak to score 200+ n china to fold below 20.
Actually, only one Pakistan played International cricket today, and even if 2 had played, it wouldn't have been a first.

I'm not sure how exactly you can give China any credit in this game - 1 of the Pakistan side has played internationally, and that too not successfully, so to call it a World Champion team is ridiculous.

juro

U19 12th Man
I was fearing much worse for China against Pakistan. Regardless of whether it was the Pakistan B team or ZZZ team, given China's very short history in the game, it could have been very ugly!

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Malaysia are playing quite will here against B.Desh 98/5 in 14 Overs. Hope they bat well too.

ACC should scrap 50 Overs asia cup & intraduce T20 Asia Cup:

Group A:
India
Bangladesh
Afghanistan
Nepal

Group B:
Sri Lanka
Pakistan
UAE
Hong Kong

Day 1:
India vs Nepal
Afg vs B,Desh

Day 2:
S.Lanka vs Hong Kong
Pakistan vs UAE

Day 3:
India vs Afg
B.Desh vs Nepal

Day 4:
S.Lanka vs UAE
Pakistan vs Hong Kong

Day 5:
India vs B.Desh
Afg vs Nepal

Day 6:
S.Lanka vs Pakistan
Hong Kong vs UAE

Day 7:
Rest

Day 8:
SF 1: GA1 vs GB2
SF 2: GB1 vs GA2

Day 9:
Final: SF1W vs SF2W
3rd Place: SF1L vs SF2L

All over in 10 days. Fast, competitive and thrilling.
Expand by 4 teams every 3rd edition:
2011 & 2013 Asia Cups: 8 teams
2015 & 2017 Asia Cups: 12 teams
2019 & 2021 Asia Cups: 16 teams.....

Got a potential to be like EURO CUP Football. ACC has to capitalize this opportunity to globalize the game.

Last edited: