• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Indies Domestic Season 2010/11

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I haven't seen any thread for this so I thought I'd start one. The first matches of the 50 Over tournament started today and the scores were as follows:

Match 1

Combined Campuses and Colleges: 200/8 (Floyd Reifer 99, Romel Currency 49, Ravi Rampaul 4/36, Kieron Pollard 2/5)

Trinidad & Tobago 201/2: Darren Bravo 104 not out, Adrian Barath 41, Darren Ganga 36 not out)

T & T won by 8 wickets

Match 2

Jamaica: 223/5 (Gayle 58 not out, Tamar Lambert 36, Danza Hyatt 36)

Windwards: 85/5 (Devon Smith 41)

Windwards win by 10 runs via the duckworth/lewis method

Great to see Darren Bravo stamp his authority on proceedings this early. I was fortunate enough to watch it on the WICB's new webcast and it was an absolute treat to watch, dare I say it was like watching a young BCL before he developed the big jump across the crease.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Bravo definately has a lot Lara' style when he bats for sure. Would be great if he turns out to be the real deal.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Darren Bravo was on fire yesterday!!.. Trinidad fans are saying he's looking more and more like Lara with each innings he plays, i hope he can live up to the hype.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So Windie, who do you tip to star in this coming season?
That's a hard question to answer as there's so many to choose from!! :laugh: , i'm hoping Brathwaite shows his class for Barbados, he had a tough time in England with the A-team and wasn't even in the original Barbados squad but during the last few months he's been sensational, scoring ton after ton for his club side in Barbados and even a few double tons too, so the selectors had to get him in the side after that, hopefully that form will continue,

Chesney Hughes is also back in the Leewards team and big things are expect of him, plus the HPC side full of promosing youngsters are in the competition, i think pacers Holder and Gabriel could be the ones to make a major impact!!.. they've been getting rave reviews of late, all in all as long as our youngsters express themselves and do well i'll be happy, i still fully believe that in three or four years these youngsters will make WI a major force again.

Beamer

LOL after reading the OP I was going to say the same thing! But seriously, how did he make 99 ? :-O
I have three possible explanations for this:

1) He was dropped 3 times.
2) T & T did no bowl particularly well
3) He is a goodish batsman at home, he just couldn't handle the pressure of the tv cameras and glare of international cricket.

Beamer

Round 2

Match1

Leewards: 239/8 (WIlden Cornwall 85, Omari Banks 41, Ryan Hinds 3/31, Sulieman Benn 2/24)

Barbados: 240/6 (K Edwards 68 not out, Ryan Hinds 51, Justin Athanaze 3 wickets)

Barbados won by 4 wickets

Match 2

Guyana: 225 all out (Ramnaresh Sarwan 63, Richard Ramdeen 46, Kieron Cottoy 4/49, Shannon Gabriel 2/30)

High Performance Centre: 222/9 (Kieron Powell 72, Rajendra Chandrika 51, Nkrumah Bonner 38)

Guyana won by 3 runs

Notes: Shannon Gabriel bowled with tremendous pace, definitely 90mph plus according to the commentators. He seems to have sorted out his run up during his months at the academy and it's allowing him to have much more consistency whilst keeping his pace up there for longer spells.

Beamer

Ryan Hinds had a good game.

I like Floyd Reifer. Someone has to.
He always plays like Sobers whenever he face the Leewards. He took a 9fer against them when he was a teenager, has two scores of 150 plus in one FC match etc.

The Leeward Islands batsmen are notoriously weak against finger spin too so his left arm darts are effective against them.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I don't know how the hell HPC lost that game, at first they were getting toyed with by Sarwan and Ramadeen and it looked like Guyana would romp home, then all of a sudden Cottoy got inspired and spun rings around the whole Guyana middle order including Chanders and Deonarine!!.. young Cottoy really came to the party yesterday, also Gabriel looks like a big star in the making, the commentators were saying "it was like watching the great fast bowlers of old", Holder took a beating at the start but stayed calm and got two deserved wickets in the end, all in all HPC should be proud of themselves and i think they'll win the next game against Leewards.

Beamer

Darren Bravo hitting a one handed six out of the ground. I remember seeing BCL hit a shot just like this at the GABBA.

Lil Bravo.jpg

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
BTW there's video streaming of a match per day and radio links on the WICB website. They've been making improvements in a number of areas but their achilles heel is how they and the players interact. Got to praise them when they do well though.

WICB 50 Over | West Indies Cricket Board

Saying that though, been too busy to actually use any of this so not sure if it's been working properly.

Beamer

I agree, the WICB have been getting their act together recently in a number of areas. In fact Hilaire is doing cracking job as CEO, it feels like we have someone competent within the WICB setup for the first time ever.

Seeing that Bravo innings, even if only on single camera internet streaming, was a joy to behold. I really want to see the HPC on camera before the tournament is over as my only recent sighting of Shannon Gabriel and his new runup have been in this video (see after 2:32 secs).

WICB HPC tour of Canada video

Beamer

Roach is fit and playing for Barbados in this tournament. Taylor is nearing fitness again but isn't ready yet whilst Fidel is still a fair way off being fit for competitive cricket.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Roach is fit and playing for Barbados in this tournament. Taylor is nearing fitness again but isn't ready yet whilst Fidel is still a fair way off being fit for competitive cricket.
Cool. Have any idea when Fidel may be ready again?