Page 34 of 513 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Brent Arnel might become a victim of the hunt for young bowling talent imo. Southee, McKay, Bennett and possibly others might always be ahead of him because the selectors may think he's just another 30 year old domestic medium fast bowler. Martin is the one who is seen as the old hand to guide the youngsters through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Arnel Southee and Martin are the incumbents. I hope the selectors take that into account. And Southee is our future so he is the first that should be in. He needs to learn and grow. IF there are any question marks it should be over Martin.
    I agree, but I think the selectors have stuck by Martin long enough to suggest that they will continue to do so. It will be in the best interests of everyone if he retires though

Now that people are finally jumping on my "Martin sux lolz" wagon, he's so going to take 6 wickets in the first innings.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Brent Arnel might become a victim of the hunt for young bowling talent imo. Southee, McKay, Bennett and possibly others might always be ahead of him because the selectors may think he's just another 30 year old domestic medium fast bowler. Martin is the one who is seen as the old hand to guide the youngsters through.
    Thought provoking post.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Now that people are finally jumping on my "Martin sux lolz" wagon, he's so going to take 6 wickets in the first innings.
    You ****en' betcha he will.

Does anyone else think it's really odd that New Zealand has no warm up games for this tour? I mean, I suppose NZC and the BCCI must've decided that the tour of Bangladesh was effectively going to serve as a warm-up for the India tour, but a handful of ODI's on pitches that aren't really that similar to what New Zealand will experience in India doesn't seem like enough prep for a 3 match series, our first in a year. Not that I think us getting a few warm-up games would make much difference mind, but it's going to make things even harder.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 30-10-2010 at 03:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Plops Champion! Tournaments Won: 2
    Well they scheduled two warm ups that were washed out for an ODI series against Bangers and no warm ups for a Test series against the world number 1 Test team. Interesting to say the least.
    Direbirds FTW!

Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Oh how I wish we'd postponed that ODI tour and had some warm ups in India instead.

Though if the Black Caps aren't angry and wanting to ****ing smash some big boy ****s after such a humiliation, nothing can motivate them.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Personally, would pick Arnel to be our best bowler of this test season, providing he is selected.

Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Personally, would pick Arnel to be our best bowler of this test season, providing he is selected.
    That's the thing though.

But yeah, I like the look of him. Pitches have gotten flatter and flatter domestically and his record has just gotten better and better during that time (as opposed to some bowlers e.g. Bradley Scott, who have declined).

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    That's the thing though.

But yeah, I like the look of him. Pitches have gotten flatter and flatter domestically and his record has just gotten better and better during that time (as opposed to some bowlers e.g. Bradley Scott, who have declined).
    If thats the case, he should do better than southee in india.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    If thats the case, he should do better than southee in india.
    How so? Southee has almost always been unplayable domestically.

U19 12th Man
    it's plain bonkers/madness that there isn't at least one four day game as warm up in conditions few will have played in.

Quote Originally Posted by lockton2skipper View Post
    it's plain bonkers/madness that there isn't at least one four day game as warm up in conditions few will have played in.
    Surely the conditions cant get any worse than the ones they played in Bangladesh (slow and low).

Quote Originally Posted by Polo23 View Post
    How so? Southee has almost always been unplayable domestically.
    Without swing he'll get smashed around imo. Plus, the humidity and the heat in india won't help him much.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Southee gets seam movement away from the right hander doesn't he. he isn't a one trick pony (swing only). I was trying to remember if he could bring one back into the right hander off the seam and I don't think this is a strength of his. Arnel and Martin can nibble it off the seam both ways.

It has been a while since I have seen Southee bowl, but his off cutter is a possible area of improvement for him. He has plenty of time to perfect it.

Regardless of whether he is perfectly suited to these conditions Southee is our future and we need to be developing him. It is ok to lose this series if we continue to develop our inexperienced players
    Watling Mcintosh Ryder Southee Arnel - I list Ryder here as although he is a gun he needs more games under his belt.
    Last edited by Hurricane; 30-10-2010 at 06:24 AM.

Thread Information