• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-War Cricket Draft

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
You a fan of MWT, Marcuss? A bit of a hero of mine since I was about 10. Used to be my avatar in fact.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indeed he did, I remember asking about said(:ph34r:) avatar. Have since selected him in a few drafts myself.
In terms of fandom(?) you trump me hands down, was more a sigh of "All of the players I earmarked are being taken one after the other, and as suspected Zaremba has pinched Tate" :p

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Round 1 Picks
Blakus - WG Grace
Zaremba - SF Barnes
Fredfertang - Wally Hammond
Aussie - JJ Kotze
Himmanv - Bill O'Reilly
Michaelf7777777 - Jack Hobbs
Flyonthewall - Clarrie Grimmett
Marcuss - Les Ames
Pasag - Victor Trumper
Somerset - George Lohmann

Round 2 Picks
Somerset - KS Ranjitsinjhi
Pasag - Herbert Sutcliffe
Marcuss - Aubrey Faulkner
Flyonthewall - Harold Larwood
Michaelf7777777 - George Headley
Himmanv - Fred Spofforth
Aussie - Charles Macartney
Fredfertang - Stanley Jackson
Zaremba - Maurice Tate
Blakus - Monty Noble

Round 3 Picks
Zaremba - Frank Woolley
Michaelf7777777 - Wilfred Rhodes
Aussie - Tibby Cotter
Fredfertang - Douglas Jardine
Flyonthewall - Stan McCabe
Somerset - Charlie Turner
Blakus - Hugh Trumble
Himmanv - Hedley Verity
Marcuss -
Pasag -

Last edited:

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Aussie's jumped the gun but that fine as I want Wilfred Rhodes as my next pick

Charter 77 So Far

1. Jack Hobbs
3. George Headley
7. Wilfred Rhodes

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Stan McCabe. One of Australia's finest batsmen of the Bradman era, played three of the greatest innings ever according to popular repute.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
It's not often that you get to reform great partnerships in draft threads, so I'm going to grab Hugh Trumble, to once again join up with Noble