Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: What do you think of Virat Kohli?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    He looks arrogant. A lot of the newer Indian players look arrogant actually.

Especially Praveen Kumar, with his stares at fielders and batsmen, constantly trying to look pissed off and acting threatening while bowling at deadly speeds of mid 120kph and having a 5"5 frame with a pot belly

One player who I personally believes gives it his all during a game and has a positive vibe around him is Dinesh Kartik.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Pandey could be better with FC experience. He has played like what? 1 season of FC cricket. Could be better after a few years. And I don't think we have the liberty to choose players who are good against swing with Sachin, Dravid et al set to retire any time. Should cover the base first i.e is a player good enough to play tests on sub-continental pitches? We should then move from there.
    Agreed.

Did anyone else see the Ranji Trophy Final hundred Pandey made ?

He almost single handedly won the Ranji trophy for Karnataka on not so easy batting conditions.

He has that x factor in his batting which could see him improve in leaps and bounds over the next few years.
    As for ODI hundreds,you can't score them if you are not playing ODI's .

vcs
    Excellent article by Sanjay Manjrekar on India's young batsmen and their technical problems.

Sanjay Manjrekar on India's batting problems | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | Cricinfo.com

Sanjay and excellent in the same sentence is controversial. Not sure whether to read this article now.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Fairly convinced that he will be the best of our next generation of batsmen.
    All indications are that's not saying a lot!
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Too early to make that call tbh. Rohit has been disappointing, and Kohli and Vijay still needs to prove themselves, but generally people are overreacting.

Gambhir and Raina have done all that can be asked of them so far in their international careers. Not many countries can boast two batsman with their records at such a young age.

Well, obviously was being a bit facetious but one does get a bit worried about the next gen and how they'll fare away from home. With the way blokes like Kohli move to the legside, can see the slips being very busy when they come to OZ. Both or either of OZ's lefties will give them a lot to do to stay out there. That style opens up scoring opportunities but leaves you really vulnerable to seamers back of a length which is basically the length Australia has owned for years.

EDIT: Will add that I hope guys like he and Gambhir get going when they lob here because they're great to watch.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 02-09-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Well, obviously was being a bit facetious but one does get a bit worried about the next gen and how they'll fare away from home. With the way blokes like Kohli move to the legside, can see the slips being very busy when they come to OZ. Both or either of OZ's lefties will give them a lot to do to stay out there. That style opens up scoring opportunities but leaves you really vulnerable to seamers back of a length which is basically the length Australia has owned for years.

EDIT: Will add that I hope guys like he and Gambhir get going when they lob here because they're great to watch.
    u know, so does Ponting. Still can't believe others don't see the resemblance that seems so obvious to me..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    u know, so does Ponting. Still can't believe others don't see the resemblance that seems so obvious to me..
    Yeah there's been a tendency for him to do that recently but when he was batting really well, was a demon at covering off-stump I thought. So much so, bowlers would go headlong for his stumps only to be worked to leg for easy runs.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Yeah there's been a tendency for him to do that recently but when he was batting really well, was a demon at covering off-stump I thought. So much so, bowlers would go headlong for his stumps only to be worked to leg for easy runs.
    nah, I meant very early in his career.. Notice a lot of similarities in the 2 for some reason or the other. And think he will improve, tbh. Will be very very disappointing if he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Another talented young Indian batsman who looks vulnerable againts quality pace-bowling.

Sanjay Manjrekar on India's batting problems | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | Cricinfo.com

Quote Originally Posted by quote
    Kohli is a talented player, one who goes out there wanting to make a difference. His technique, though, worries me, especially in conditions like in Dambulla. He will get such conditions in South Africa, Australia, and sometimes in England.
    Yep.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Pandey could be better with FC experience. He has played like what? 1 season of FC cricket. Could be better after a few years. And I don't think we have the liberty to choose players who are good against swing with Sachin, Dravid et al set to retire any time. Should cover the base first i.e is a player good enough to play tests on sub-continental pitches? We should then move from there.
    Good point...

Pandey should be nowhere near One dayers let alone tests, despite his talent. He has to do the hard yards in FC.

Pujara FTW>
    Last edited by Sir Alex; 05-09-2010 at 12:21 AM.

R_D
    Yeah Virat looks like a very good player.... hope he learns from likes of Sachin and Dravid and works hard on his game..... Very talented player and i'm sure he'll be solid middle order batsman for India for number of years.

Best U-25 cricketer in the world right now with Aamer being a goner.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Best U-25 cricketer in the world right now with Aamer being a goner.
    didn't you left CW....
    Love You India

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information