• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
They won't be playing the ODIs then?
I think they will try to postpone it...anything can happen in Pakistan. If i was one of these 7 players i would be ****ting in my pants for the maximum penalty is capital punishment in Pak for treason.

But if the court doesn't agree to postponement then they are in deep ****.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I think they will try to postpone it...anything can happen in Pakistan. If i was one of these 7 players i would be ****ting in my pants for the maximum penalty is capital punishment in Pak for treason. .
Yeah but that's not actually going to happen is it?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Call me a wishy washy bleeding heart liberal if you like but I have a lot of sympathy for the views expressed here
I see some merit in some of what is said there but I do not agree with letting"wrongdoers stay".

Even yesterday a very senior Indian journalist said on TV that not removing these guys immediately (same day) must have already vitiated the atmosphere of the dressing room. He specifically said that the talk in the dressing room is in all likelihood going to be about how much money these guys made and not whether they did something wrong. That those n ot involved are going to only feel envious for not having shared in the spoils.

Mr Sheharyar Khan was on the video link at the same time and did not say a word to say this was not likely to be the case let alone protest vehemently.

Pakistan has many problems and not even the majority of them are because of the cricketers but surely one of the biggest is not having ever taken exemplary punishment and carried it through. The only person whose "life-ban" has ever stood in Pakistan was Salim Malik and that was not because he was more guilty but because he was at the end of his career anyway.

When someone does things like Afridi's dance or eating a cricket ball, they deserve absolutely no mercy. Here the guy ended up rising to become Pakistan team's captain.

Mohammad Asif is a classic case.

Pakistan has to realise that cricketing expediencies do not justify letting cheats continue.

Where are they now (Pakistan cricket that is) neither close to the top of cricket ranking and surely at the bottom of the 'fair play' awardees !

Lots of things need to be done besides to restore the long term health of the game i Pakistan and elsewhere but letting such blatant behaviour not get the utmost deterrent punishment is not one of them.

I do not yield to anyone, on this forum or elsewhere, as a well wisher of Pakistan, its people and its cricketers and I say the above with that sentiment as the only one governing my words.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I think the Sun put it best when they created a timeline of cricketing incidents. First was Bodyline, then Underarm, then Hansie Cronje and now this. Imo, this is all Jardine's fault.
Underarm incident only one without the subcontinental link. Damn BCCI.