• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Picks up his game just when needed does Rhino. Would love it if he was a bolter for Dougeh (should he be unfit) but I reckon we're more likely to see the Starc reality of a dismal selection panel once again.

sifter132

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
everybody hates it.
I don't.

I like it, apart from the 12 players rule. Gives another player a free state cap basically, while it adds an extra batsmen to your order leading to less and less players being able to dig in for that little bit longer. Now it's just - oh heaps of batsmen left, that means I can bat like a wanker...

LOVE the 12 overs per bowler limit though.

howardj

International Coach
Harris is always at the batsman.

I think he is a bowler who has real smarts about him (unlike Johnson who doesn’t seem to actually know much about bowling, despite being a good bowler).

Rhino's good at the Gabba too.

Top_Cat

Harris is always at the batsman.

I think he is a bowler who has real smarts about him (unlike Johnson who doesn’t seem to actually know much about bowling, despite being a good bowler).

Rhino's good at the Gabba too.
Yeah. I like that he's bowled the most overs in the innings too.

Plus the man can bat. Just an asset to any team he plays for, rarely collared even if he's not on top of his game. Good professional cricketer but his big pace these days does give him a knock-out punch if he needs it.

Top_Cat

Hmmmmmmm............ bit surprised by the SA line-up. No Cassell, Christian or Duval, Lang and Haberfield coming in and Edmonson retained. Wonder how many are injured? Tom Moffatt the only one with good grade and Futures form and they made him 12th!

Harsh on Christian, thought he bowled alright against WA although there's little doubt he's been below his best this year.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmmmmmmm............ bit surprised by the SA line-up. No Cassell, Christian or Duval, Lang and Haberfield coming in and Edmonson retained. Wonder how many are injured?

Harsh on Christian, thought he bowled alright against WA although there's little doubt he's been below his best this year.
I think it's pretty obvious that they're taking the opportunity to rest their quicks and have a look at their bench strength. It's not a Shield game.

Top_Cat

I think it's pretty obvious that they're taking the opportunity to rest their quicks and have a look at their bench strength. It's not a Shield game.
Hmmmmmmmm. SA traditionally doesn't rest quicks for a tour match, have played a full-strength side every other year.

Would have thought the way the SACA team is bowling, they'd need all the overs they can get too. If your team is kicking arse, fair enough. If you're SA..........

TumTum

Banned
Don't see why that should be relevant tbh. If it was then Katman would never have got a game.
Nah Katman has a good technique. Dussey on the other hand plays away from his body and seems to always move to the leg side to make room for the off-side. Like I said some people have un-orthodox technique, and some people have a technique that's just plain wrong.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Hope we never see D.Huss play Tests, such an ugly technique. Not un-orthodox ugly but just plain wrong ugly.
agree, over the years his technique has gotten worse it seems, it was this ugly back in the early 2000's. His defensive technique is as bad as White's. Cant argue about averaging 50 odd, but he has been found out quite a lot in domestic cricket, and has pounded bowlers on roads.