Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who do you think it is?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kevin Pietersen

13 20.00%
  • Micheal Clarke

25 38.46%
  • Gautam Gambhir

0 0%
  • AB DeVilliers

6 9.23%
  • Micheal Hussey

14 21.54%
  • DingDong

7 10.77%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Best Test Batsman who started his career in the Mid 00s.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Probably been merged with the 50-page monster.

Remember there was another post recently about this very topic in response to a sidetrack from wtf_ben, someone posted a list of crunch innings from Clarke, and it was fairly respectable for someone at this point in his career (obviously most of them are recent though).

In fact I don't really remember a recent innings - apart from Cardiff - where he came out in an easy scoreboard situation and then piled them on. I suppose the 2nd NZ test maybe? Or Headingley in the Ashes after you factor in England's non-attempt? Both borderline...
    There were a few early in his career, e.g. his first century after being dropped, against NZ at the 'Gabba.

You mean his first century at home?

In fact both of his "debut" centuries came in reasonably tricky conditions. I can only really think the "bottler" tag came between then and his dropping as really he's done very little to justify such a tag since his recall.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    You mean his first century at home?

In fact both of his "debut" centuries came in reasonably tricky conditions. I can only really think the "bottler" tag came between then and his dropping as really he's done very little to justify such a tag since his recall.
    Soft outs in form of tame chips to short mid/missing straight balls in the middle of collapses haven't done much for his rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Soft outs in form of tame chips to short mid/missing straight balls in the middle of collapses haven't done much for his rep.
    This is true. And very, very, very annoying.

Banned

Icon2

AB DeVilliers

Personally feel its between Pietersen and Clarke. I feel Clarke still has a bit of improving to do and will someday be a very consistent performer in tests for Australia.

However I vote for Pietersen at this current juncture. At the moment he's a more dominant and exceptional player than the rest. Sure he hasn't been in world beating form recently, but on his day he's devastating and exceptionally difficult to bowl to. The others are not yet in his league.

I feel both Hussey and De Villiers are better in other formats of the game and are still not convincing enough in tests. As for Gambhir, I dont believe he's done enough to be considered in this poll as yet. Maybe in time he will prove himself.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Would take Clarke no questions asked. Don't see enough of Ghambir/ABdV, even though i know they are class batsmen, and Pietersen, well, he's been woeful of late. Hussey's had the greatest peak where he was unspeakably good for us in his wonder stretch. May have faced some "weak" attacks, but the situations he pulled Australia out of, and the sheer enormity of the runs he scored was incredible.
    Personally, I would say that the attack of Nel, Pollock and Ntini (which Hussey faced) was arguably as good as any attack any of those players have faced in those 5 years. With the possible exception of the players who faced Mcgrath and Warne in the same side.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Pieterson is the best imo,obviously he's having a few problems at the moment,through injuries and other factors. I think,through the rest of the summer, we will see him hit form again and when he does,I have a feeling we might see a better Pieterson than we have ever done. He's only just turned 30 and should be hitting his prime.Then hopefully for the Ashes he will start to get that average well over 50 again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information