• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best of The Rest - NZ, WI, Pak, Bang in tests

Who is the best test team of these teams?

• Total voters

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yeah, you beat England 1-0 but since then what?

2-0 England
2-0 Australia
2-0 South Africa

I don't know maybe it's just me but I think the Windies may have gone backwards since that famous triumph 18 months ago?
In the the last two tests we at least avoided a whitewash unlike Pak and Nz recently and also like i've been saying we played Aus and Sa without five first team members, so at least we've got an excuse, what's NZ's excuse for the trouncing they got at home to Aus earlier this year? :unsure: .

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Windies said that NZ has gone backwards since the last series against WI.

Our team in the first test vs WI was
TG McIntosh
JM How
DR Flynn
LRPL Taylor
JD Ryder
BB McCullum
JEC Franklin
DL Vettori
KD Mills
MR Gillespie
IE O'Brien
Our last team against Aussie in the 2nd test was
TG McIntosh
BJ Watling
MS Sinclair
LRPL Taylor
MJ Guptill
DL Vettori*
BB McCullum†
JS Patel
TG Southee
BJ Arnel
CS Martin
Of our top 7 batsmen
Watling = How
Sinclair = Flynn
Guptil = Franklin (although you would think Guptil being a top order player would be better)

So no change in batting strength

For the bowling

Franklin = Patel
Mills < Southee
Gillespie < Martin (although this is not true based on the last couple of tests)
O'Brien >> Arnel

Bowling is about the same

So I think NZ has treaded water since 2008

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I'm enjoying watching Howsie's demolition of WW. The only weapons left to WW are laughing smileys and caps lock.
No argument so you resort to "cheerleading"?!! :laugh: your feelings are clearly hurt so like i told you already if you can't handle my posts IGNORE THEM.

Howsie

International Captain
In the the last two tests we at least avoided a whitewash unlike Pak and Nz recently and also like i've been saying we played Aus and Sa without five first team members, so at least we've got an excuse, what's NZ's excuse for the trouncing they got at home to Aus earlier this year? :unsure: .
Trouncing, we bowled them out for 200 once and were winning for 52 minutes seven seconds, we put up a brave fight considering we were missing players :ph34r:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Go Howsie!

Someone ban WW. Worst troll.

Are WI that great? Why aren't they first now? Cos they're ****!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, you beat England 1-0 but since then what?

2-0 England
2-0 Australia
2-0 South Africa

I don't know maybe it's just me but I think the Windies may have gone backwards since that famous triumph 18 months ago?
Meh I think they're about the same. England in England, Australia in Australia and South Africa in general are much, much tougher opposition than England in the West Indies, particularly when you can doctor the pitches after getting up 1-0. Although I agree that they can't live off that forever; it was definitely a bit of a fluke to some extent.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Look I agree that he often derails threads but this thread was basically created for the purposes of the debate he created in the other one. You may think he's biased and generally unpleasant but if you don't like it I suggest you don't open this thread because he's perfectly on topic.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
And as the NZ posters would like to provide some "stats" about WI, i figured i'd return the favor, in the last FOUR YEARS NZ haven't beaten anyone but Bangladesh, so if people would like to compare the numbers that's fine by me!!.

Jezroy

State Captain
Meh I think they're about the same. England in England, Australia in Australia and South Africa in general are much, much tougher opposition than England in the West Indies, particularly when you can doctor the pitches after getting up 1-0. Although I agree that they can't live off that forever; it was definitely a bit of a fluke to some extent.
AMEN brother. AMEN.

Jezroy

State Captain
And as the NZ posters would like to provide some "stats" about WI, i figured i'd return the favor, in the last FOUR YEARS NZ haven't beaten anyone but Bangladesh, so if people would like to compare the numbers that's fine by me!!.
Windies didn't beat Bangladesh...

If you mean series wins, you are probably about right. But have the West Indies beat anyone apart from a one off result against England?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Go Howsie!

Are WI that great? Why aren't they first now? Cos they're ****!
Another "fan" of mine i see!! :laugh:

I used to get offended by the "troll" lines until i realised it's thrown out by people who simply haven't got anything conducive to add to the debate.

Jezroy

State Captain
I was joking ftr, Australia handed to New Zealand in both matches. They had their chances in the second match but blew it with that first innings performance, a clear sign of a very average team.
Another well balanced post by someone who has a realistic view of where there team sits in the test world. IMO.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Look I agree that he often derails threads but this thread was basically created for the purposes of the debate he created in the other one. You may think he's biased and generally unpleasant but if you don't like it I suggest you don't open this thread because he's perfectly on topic.
Cheers for clearing that up prince, even though it might be a tad hostile i'm just having a debate about cricket, it's nothing personal, if the mods feel like i'm going over board you're welcome to pm me about the situation as believe it or not i'm not looking to get banned again.

Jezroy

State Captain
Another "fan" of mine i see!! :laugh:

I used to get offended by the "troll" lines until i realised it's thrown out by people who simply haven't got anything conducive to add to the debate.
Well you certainly didn't have anything conducive to add to the "Best Team in The World" thread.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Windies didn't beat Bangladesh...

If you mean series wins, you are probably about right. But have the West Indies beat anyone apart from a one off result against England?
At least that "one off result" was only last year!!, and we've also drawn with Sri-lanka in the last four years too which isn't a bad result i guess.

Jezroy

State Captain
At least that "one off result" was only last year!!, and we've also drawn with Sri-lanka in the last four years too which isn't a bad result i guess.
NZ have also drawn with SL and Pak (damn unlucky not to beat them) in the last 4 years for the record. Sadly, they also drew with the West Indies. Otherwise this debate might not be so much fun.