• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket draft - who's up next?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Who's up next for running a draft? Would be a welcome diversion from the daytime soap operas playing out elsewhere on the forums.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
How about a Random Country Draft with a bit of a twist just to pass the time till weldone or hb get theirs up?

Never ran a draft before but figured I'll have 3 pools of countries where people can select players from and email them to me. If people pick the same player, that player is disqualified and you will end up with an average player listed by me before the round begins.

I'm not a fan of overly long drawn out drafts though so the deadlines will be tight. Fail to pick and you'll get an ordinary player. No player swapping at the end.

If you guys are cool with it I dont mind taking it up.

Himannv

International Coach
Will think about starting it up tomorrow morning. The lightning draft was rather enough for 1 night I reckon lol..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How about a Test Draft, where you have to pick players who didn't play against or play in the same team as anyone else in your XI?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
How about a Test Draft, where you have to pick players who didn't play against or play in the same team as anyone else in your XI?
I had an idea for the converse, actually. A test draft where each consecutive pick has to be a player that featured in a test the previous player played in, either in the same team or against. Could have a few hilarious plays, where everyone tries to avoid going back far enough to gift Bradman to the next selector.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I had an idea for the converse, actually. A test draft where each consecutive pick has to be a player that featured in a test the previous player played in, either in the same team or against. Could have a few hilarious plays, where everyone tries to avoid going back far enough to gift Bradman to the next selector.
That's actually a good idea. Wouldn't the person going first just pick Bradman?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
We could start off by using the latest test to be played to prevent that tbh.
Good idea! Sachin or Murali hmm..

EDIT - just thinking about this more, I hope it doesn't just end up being a current players/recently retired draft.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Good idea! Sachin or Murali hmm..

EDIT - just thinking about this more, I hope it doesn't just end up being a current players/recently retired draft.
An even better idea would be to start with a random year (each drafter gets a different random year to start with). You might use an excel randomizer for that, if you wish to. Start soon, I'm ineterested in participating.

Himannv

International Coach
Nice ideas there and sounds good. I can delay my draft for a rainy day so go ahead. As long as we have some draft I'll be happy./