• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am getting away from cricket

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope you re-discover your passion for the game Pratters. I think a break from it and then coming back with fresh eyes next time a good series on will do wonders. The nice thing about pronounced summer and winter sporting seasons is that, here for instance, it's all about cricket from October to the end of Feb, and then all about football from March to the end of September. Just as you're getting sick of one, the other comes in and distracts you.
You're normally sick of football at the start of September, aren't you??

Himannv

International Coach
Sometimes the best way to revive interest in cricket is to go back in time. I've certainly experienced a time when I couldn't be bothered with cricket but somehow my interest reignited by watching a few age old test matches and researching a few old legends of the game. Probably wont work for you, but its what I did.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I hope you re-discover your passion for the game Pratters. I think a break from it and then coming back with fresh eyes next time a good series on will do wonders. The nice thing about pronounced summer and winter sporting seasons is that, here for instance, it's all about cricket from October to the end of Feb, and then all about football from March to the end of September. Just as you're getting sick of one, the other comes in and distracts you.
AWTA. Hope you get back to the game that gave you so much enjoyment over the years! :)

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratters - Mrs Fertang is very keen to know the secret of how to fall out of love with cricket which she is convinced is possible - I have assured her it is impossible - I will therefore be disappointed in you if you prove her right and me wrong :)

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
u serious?
Yeah I am pretty serious. I have felt the flame dim for a fair while now. I thought I will give it a break and watch the next test series in South Africa which would be really exciting but given I can't watch Tendulkar bat any more and that's the thing I craved one of the most in cricket, I thing I am pretty much done. I like reading about the game and stuff but I have watched enough of cricket to satisfy my cricket urges I would say. What's the use of reading and discussing if you can't watch it any more? I have watched one of the best eras of cricket in the 90s when there was a right balance between the bat and ball and I saw great craftsmen like Akram, Warne, Tendulkar. I don't get the same thrill seeing a Raina (top career though I am sure he will have)smash a four because it seems so insignificant compared to what I have watched already.

I get far greater utility watching a movie and I am more of a movie buff. I thing I will be a movie fan all my life. I have tons of movies I would like to watch and I keep discovering new ones every day. I would like to do newer things like photography on a deeper level, and cricket doesn't give me that excitement any more. I would still go to watch Lara bat in the IPL if he plays in it next year and I am in Kolkata at the time as it is one of the dreams of my life to watch him bat live. But I don't want much more from cricket.

I planned to study the history of cricket and Indian cricket, I have so many books I had planned to read but I find doing all that insignificant now. I had planned to record the video of the last years of Tendulkar's cricketing life and savour it by watching it many times but it just doesn't fascinate me any more. I can't watch cricket. I just can't. I have derived enough pleasure out of the game to last a lifetime.

vcs

I just don't get all the fuss over movies, TBH. Books and sports for me over movies, every single time.

Himannv

International Coach
I just don't get all the fuss over movies, TBH. Books and sports for me over movies, every single time.
Disagree partially. Movies over Sports almost everytime for me unless United are playing or its a particularly tight and bowling friendly cricket match (rare these days).

Agree about books though. Those are extremely hard to put down once I get started.

vcs

Well, Sports are very real, and easy to relate to, there are always new sportsmen to admire.. there is so much history to go into. I have to say no film has ever made a lasting impression on me.

But then, I have never been an active movie-watcher right from childhood, whereas I have been watching sports from a very early age.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
99% of the movies which are made are crap and a waste of time imo. The 1% which is good is really great though. And 1% is a huge amount given the number of movies which have been made. They give you new experiences and for me it is all about getting new experiences.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
IMO, you need to start playing cricket IRL once again, Pratters, to maintain your love for the game. Cricket is one of the few sports that are compelling as a spectacle, but you'll only really love the game long-term, as opposed to just its players, if you yourself are a participant at any level.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I thought I will give it a break and watch the next test series in South Africa which would be really exciting but given I can't watch Tendulkar bat any more and that's the thing I craved one of the most in cricket, I thing I am pretty much done.
is he retiring?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I actually did play a bit with my 8 and 11 year old cousins over the last six months. I loved it for the 1/3 of the period but then it was boring. I am always up for bowling leg spin all day with a proper cricket ball or hitting straight drives. So I guess a part of me still loves criicket.

Once when I went with my uncle who played state level tennis, after a few hours he confessed he can't watch tennis after more than 1-2 hours. He plays tennis every single day though. So lack of interest in watching cricket doesn't equate to lack of love for the game I figure.

Any ways, I am not very keen in reviving the flame for cricket. When I get free time, I prefer playing basketball as it is a more active game. I am at peace with my current situation.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
is he retiring?
Nah. When asked a few months before if he will retired from ODIs after the 2011 world cup, he said he had no plans of retiring from ODIs even after the WC if my cousin is to be believed.

I meant I don't even fancy seeing the sight of Tendulkar bat any more.

Last edited: