• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sreesanth's reputation seems to have been enhanced by his injury, I would never bet anything on him. He has talent but with his temperament, it means very little.

masterblaster

International Captain
India really need someone with a bit of all round skill. I wonder how Irfan Pathan's been doing these days? It's sad that they discarded him and haven't really given him a second look. I've always been a fan of his and think he has a lot to offer.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What about us missing Kapil Dev and Bishen Singh Bedi?Oh wait they are retired..just like Murali.

Stop being intellectually dishonest - Zaheer,Sree and a fully fit Harbhajan is a much better attack than Ishant, a half fit Harbhajan and a debutant.And well done on ignoring the bits about Australia 8-)
How long has it been since Zaheer was fit?

We have no idea whether he's done or not and even if he makes a comeback, the guy averages well over 30 ffs! We're not talking about Malcolm Marshall here

Sreesanth has had one good series in his career and it was 4 years ago

Harby declared himself fit - end of story

No point bringing Oz into it or else I'll have to point out that we've had to use no less than 18 fast bowlers in the last 2 years due to injuries - cop that injury toll and you really would have something to complain about :laugh:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Fernando annoys me way more.
Or is that out of frustration that no Indian bowler in the recent past bar had been achieving his pace over an extended period? Ishant was quick for a season, but now only lively medium. Fernando at 29+ still produces 90mph deliveries FFS.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, the guy has a ridiculously loud grunt and no balls a lot. He also has wasted talent. He annoys me. I'm not here saying he's crapper than Indian fast bowlers. I just dislike him as a cricketer for his various quirks. And when he gets Sachin out, it makes me :(

Not a big story fellas.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Well to be fair he has got Sachin less than on five occasions. It was Vaas who was used to nail Sachin in ODIs.

Your dislike may be OT. The fella is a very shy and mild mannered guy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm sure he is a nice guy. But when he bowled Sachin in the 2007 World Cup a part of me died inside. And it's still dead :(

vcs

I remember Fernando running out some Indian batsman with a direct throw from the boundary in an ODI long back and pointing to his biceps in celebration. Maybe it's a very childish reason, but I found that really annoying. :laugh:

Loved him when he bowled the last English batsman in the 2007 WC though and I really like his slower balls when he gets them right.

Lostman

State Captain
Lol, the guy has a ridiculously loud grunt and no balls a lot. He also has wasted talent. He annoys me. I'm not here saying he's crapper than Indian fast bowlers. I just dislike him as a cricketer for his various quirks. And when he gets Sachin out, it makes me :(

Not a big story fellas.
Lol same here, the guy just annoys me. And I am SL too.
Btw, you should hear him talk, that would seal the deal.
Very squeaky voice, Michael Jackson on helium how I would describe it.

vcs

Not a big story fellas.
You do like Nadal, don't you? :ph34r:

How long has it been since Zaheer was fit?
He played the last test series.

We have no idea whether he's done or not and even if he makes a comeback, the guy averages well over 30 ffs! We're not talking about Malcolm Marshall here?
What are you talking about?No one's claiming he is Malcolm Marshall but the fact is he is India's best bowler. As for bringing up his averages - love how you take his average at facevalue despite constantly having a go at Indian batsmen for batting on roads.I guess the roads become greentops when Zaheer bowls 8-) Besides if you're getting averages into this,Murali averages 30+ against India as well :) He has RETIRED.

Sreesanth has had one good series in his career and it was 4 years ago
He won us a test recently and he Is a MUCH better bowler than Sharma.

Harby declared himself fit - end of story
Lame argument.He was recovering from a flu and only played because the rest of the attack was so inexperienced that it was felt a half fit Harbhajan would be a better option.Obviously a fully fit one would have in all likelihood done better.

No point bringing Oz into it or else I'll have to point out that we've had to use no less than 18 fast bowlers in the last 2 years due to injuries - cop that injury toll and you really would have something to complain about :laugh:
The fast bowlers were responsible for Aus getting bowled out for 88 :laugh::laugh: You were moaning about how India didn't deserve the number 1 rank.I'm point out that Australia perhaps don't even deserve 3 or 4 or whatever their current rank is for they failed to put away a Pakistani side that's

a.ranked in the bottom half
b.didn't have their best players

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Not a big story fellas.
I'm the exact same. I've never warmed to Fernando at all as a Cricketer and I am always surprised when Sri Lanka turns back to him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
125? Gary Kirsten recently replied to a question on Pathan's chances off a comeback, saying (and I quote) that he didn't need a bowler bowling at 113 kmph and blocking one end. :laugh:
That applies more to blokes like Joginder Sharma, Ganapathy and Rajat Bhatia tbh..