• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well on the way to bashing his highest FC score is Mithun. I mean, he's only played 11 FC matches but still.

Amazing rise to be playing Tests considering he only started playing proper cricket recently. Bowls a heavy ball, big engine and looks pretty motivated too. Bit of a find for India and a player likely to do well in OZ next time they tour here.

Cricinfo said:
Oh my! Mithun has exposed Laxman to Murali..
haha

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Just curious. Any examples for why you think SriLankan team is dogged by bad luck. Can't really think of many.
Well there have been a few tests which should have been wins which ended in draws on a few too many occasions. One against Australia in particular comes to mind. Also we always have had a few too many key decisions not go our way (which was improved noticeably when the review system was implemented of course).

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well there have been a few tests which should have been wins which ended in draws on a few too many occasions. One against Australia in particular comes to mind. Also we always have had a few too many key decisions not go our way (which was improved noticeably when the review system was implemented of course).
Fair to say they were well and truly helped by the rain when they first beat OZ in a Test series, though. Swings/roundabouts.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wonder how many wickets Malinga could have if he wasn't being slightly underbowled. Obviously the 800 would be a great victory for Murali so I have no real issue with it, but Malinga WAG.

JBH001

International Regular
Wonder how Murali would feel if he were to end up one short?

On another note, its good to see Malinga come back to some form after an indifferent recent run, if I am not much mistaken.

JBH001

International Regular
Maybe he just wants a wicket and feels Murali is not going to get one.

Or, Murali will come on at the other end.

Edit: And he does.

Edit 2: Wish he would stop bowling this leg stump line though. If he is doing that he may as well bowl some genuine leg spinners.

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
This partnership is getting annoying. Sanga doesn't want a chance of a win to slip away.

stumpski

International Captain
This partnership is getting annoying. Sanga doesn't want a chance of a win to slip away.
Yeah, but with such a small lead there's no real danger of that happening atm. India would need to survive another session. I suspect the bowlers will come back refreshed after lunch and finish the innings off in half an hour or so.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If India add another 100 runs Dhoni should pack the off side with fielders and tell the bowlers to bowl wide outside off. Could manage a draw if done right.