• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Of course, the innings is not helped by the left-arm 'spinner' Harris bowling every single delivery of the session over the wicket to the right-handed Bravo, pitching way outside leg....

This is extremely negative stuff from the Saffers.
Bull ****.

Harris' figures for that session 10-2-15-0

The session yielded 39 runs from 25 overs, meaning they're going just as slow from the other end.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is why I'm concerned about Chesney Hughes....

Will he follow the precedents of Chris Jordan, Maurice Chambers and Robbie Joseph, none of whom seem to be interested in WI cricket, despite learning how to play the game in the region.
All of whom are FAR more WI standard than England too! They should take a lesson from Nash.

On another note, brilliant Ramdin. Flat pitch, crap bowling, hit it to point. Brilliant.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Bull ****.

Harris' figures for that session 10-2-15-0

The session yielded 39 runs from 25 overs, meaning they're going slower from the other end.
Well the bowling is often a couple feet outside offstump, but I agree. Bravo in particular has lacked impetus. But then we look at Bangladesh today. Maybe it's a global disease affecting bad teams. Hmmm...

kingkallis

International Coach
384 runs were scored by Windies in 1st 100 overs and only 96 came from next 60...jeeez thats some serious crawling!

kingkallis

International Coach
I understand we had Australia in trouble in that Test, but it seems that these days our big performances seem to be in vain, the senior players seem to always turn up when we are already behind (one nil down in the series), why didn't they play like this in the first test? 8-) that's my argument.
Pretty simple! They were playing on proper cricketing turf......and not on the road!

Mr Mxyzptlk

384 runs were scored by Windies in 1st 100 overs and only 96 came from next 60...jeeez thats some serious crawling!
And in fairness, Graeme Smith would have it no other way. Done his best to ensure it with typically soulsapping cricket. Both sides have been rather disgraceful on the "entertainment" front today. And hey, it's no wrestling, but all sports should be entertaining.

Kallis just took his 50th wicket vs WI. That's 1/5 of his overall tally.

kingkallis

International Coach
All of whom are FAR more WI standard than England too! They should take a lesson from Nash.

On another note, brilliant Ramdin. Flat pitch, crap bowling, hit it to point. Brilliant.
Give the guy a break! I have seen better knocks in tight situation against top class bowling attacks from him and Bravo as a pair...

kingkallis

International Coach
And in fairness, Graeme Smith would have it no other way. Done his best to ensure it with typically soulsapping cricket. Both sides have been rather disgraceful on the "entertainment" front today. And hey, it's no wrestling, but all sports should be entertaining.

Kallis just took his 50th wicket vs WI. That's 1/5 of his overall tally.
2 lefties were scoring at 6 an over...WI scored 300+ yesterday! Obviously Smith was going to try to content them!

I thaught Windies would try to score 320/330 in the day and would give the SAF a hard time on the 5th day but....well! Bravo and Chander just gave in...

stumpski

International Captain
Play about to resume after a lengthy rain break - let's see if we can get 100 runs for the day. Presumably they can go on for an extra hour if conditions allow?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Give the guy a break! I have seen better knocks in tight situation against top class bowling attacks from him and Bravo as a pair...
And I've seen him fail much more often in all situations. I think Ramdin still loses. His Test average agrees with me.

stumpski

International Captain
Kudos to Benn and Rampaul, the only Windies batsmen today who seem to be aware that people paid to come in and see this. Just 21 behind now.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Rampaul should train with Nash. Has obvious batting ability, and like Nash, shows most of his three stumps to the bowler. Maybe he do with the bat what he's not fit to do with the ball.

stumpski

International Captain
Historic moment, 500 dismissals for Mark Boucher. And he looks hardly a day older than when he made his first.

shivfan

Banned
They're not even trying to score. For instance Tsotsobe in his current spell has 6-5-2-0. It's more than a joke, it's disgrace to West Indies cricket to play like this. There's only team who can realistically win the game and it's the West Indies.

Chanderpaul out.
That's a bit naive....

When Bravo and Shiv were batting, they were still a good 100 or so runs behind. Given Ramdin's poor form with the bat, and the long tail, if Shiv and Bravo had swung their bats, and got out irresponsibly, the Saffers could press the advantage. Remember, this was before the rain washed out a good hour and a half's play....

As we saw in England's tour of the Caribbean last year, even on dead batting tracks, the WI could collapse, and leave it to the tailenders to hang on for the draw.

shivfan

Banned
You're flip flopping now Mike!! :laugh:.. you were blowing the "Dowlin trumpet" from the start and begging for the guy to be included even when i was telling you he's a waste of space, "stats" are a feeble excuse in this case as the guy simply lacks talent, and if we were just going on "stats" then Marlon Samuels should be right back in the team right now!! 8-) ,
No, check my posts....

I've stated that I'm not a Dowlin fan, but felt he deserved this series, based on his stats in Test cricket. He's had his run, and failed. But with Barath injured, there really wasn't much alternative to him as opener. Smith and Richards have not succeeded in the longer format of the game.

As for Samuels, his stats in test cricket aren't particularly great. He's been inconsistent with the bat, much like Bravo....

shivfan

Banned
Well the bowling is often a couple feet outside offstump, but I agree. Bravo in particular has lacked impetus. But then we look at Bangladesh today. Maybe it's a global disease affecting bad teams. Hmmm...
Here's the point I was making, which I'm sure you'll appreciate....

Harris is bowling way outside the legstump of the right hander (Bravo), who's batting has been inconsistent, and being in a losing team, is wary of taking an unnecessary risk, losing his wicket, and getting his team in trouble again. The pacer is bowling quite a bit outside offstump as well....

If this was a WI team that was at least winning some of their recent matches, then they'd feel confident having a go. But they just want to get thru a match without losing, and that sentiment is understandable, in a way.

That, and Smith's negative bowling plan, made risk-free runs hard to get.