|17-07-2010, 07:28 AM||#571 (permalink)|
Eyes not spreadsheets
Join Date: Nov 2001
Oh right, how about 10% or something?
And, as requested, my spreadsheet is attached.
marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!
Anyone want to join the Society?
Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.
|17-07-2010, 07:41 AM||#572 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kolkata --> Mumbai, India
2. Then every bidder can bid for any no. of the nominated players other than the player nominated by himself (because that's something he has already submitted).
3. It's not necessary to bid for all the players. Bid for the players you want, and don't bid for the players you don't. But no bid less than the nominator's bid will be accepted.
4. Players will be allotted to bidders according to marc's procedure, but the remaining players will not be absorbed for the highest bid received in that round, rather they'll be absorbed for the highest bid received for that player (including the nominator's bid).
5. If more than 1 bidder remains empty-handed after the normal allocation of players, the players will be allocated in the order of remaining cash balance with the bidders, i.e. the bidder with the higher cash balance in his kitty gets the player with higher maximum bid received.
6. To make the time span of the thread shorter, there can only be 5 rounds each with 3 players per bidder (so, every drafter makes team of 5*3=15 in the end). This rule also takes care of what seemed to me to be a weak point of marc's game that 'you can't get more than 1 player in a round'.
7. I really wanted to host this one if I had time. If a helpful member of CW does the same for me he's more than welcome. But, I'll be very happy if he doesn't change these rules (and does it for test matches, of course).
"I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
- Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)
Last edited by weldone; 17-07-2010 at 07:56 AM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Auction draft||marc71178||Cricket Chat||928||03-05-2010 06:41 PM|
|Australian Cricket League Draft||Mister Wright||General Sports Forum||219||02-09-2009 07:06 AM|
|Is the Draft a restraint of trade?||Craig||General Sports Forum||7||24-08-2009 06:19 AM|
|How Trading and the Draft Will Work||Simon||World Club Cricket||33||19-03-2009 06:58 PM|
|Final Squads||Rich2001||World Club Cricket||104||28-10-2003 11:59 AM|