• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Memorable knocks by International batsmen in non international matches

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Came here to post about this. If anyone's ever up in the Blue Mountains, it's worth popping in to the ground, have a look and imagine it all.

Unless they've put houses on it, been a long time since I went there tbh.
It's always mind boggling to imagine the god like abilities of Bradman in full swing. When ever I see my Grandpa I always quiz him about cricket when he was young. Always a few decent stories.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marylebone Cricket Club v Rest of the World XI at Lord's, Aug 20-25, 1987 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Gavaskar's 188 opening against both Hadlee and Marshall! IMO his best Innings and one of the finest ever. The bowling attack consisted of Hadlee, Rice, Marshall and Shastri. Such a prick but an epic Batsman.
Without putting the poo-bosh on that knock, it would have to be an international match, wouldn't it? In as much as a WSC or 70s ROW match would be at least. Dunno.

Must have been a fine knock though.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Never saw the match, but I've read that Marshall should have had him for a duck in the first innings but for a poor umpiring decision.