• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs Pakistan in England

Sir Alex

Banned
Shame it's not being played in a place with similar conditions to Pakistan e.g. UAE

Would've made the series far more interesting IMO
I think that's due to inability to find a better window. Test cricket in UAE summer is suicidal.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
The best thing about being in awful form is that you know a good series is around the corner..law of averages....Australia have not enjoyed a lot of success in England..that should work in Pak's favour.Pak's bowling>>>Australia's bowling IMO and Australia's batting also isn't looking all that great.If they get through the openers the middle order looks shaky with Ponting in very bad form...ya so he got 200 last time he played Pak but he was dropped on 0...you are right,fielding must improve.
What?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I think that's due to inability to find a better window. Test cricket in UAE summer is suicidal.
Wasn't there a Test match played where bowlers could only bowl one over at a time and Andy Bichel bowled a couple overs in a spell and collapsed or something

Sir Alex

Banned
The best thing about being in awful form is that you know a good series is around the corner..law of averages....Australia have not enjoyed a lot of success in England..that should work in Pak's favour.Pak's bowling>>>Australia's bowling IMO and Australia's batting also isn't looking all that great.If they get through the openers the middle order looks shaky with Ponting in very bad form...ya so he got 200 last time he played Pak but he was dropped on 0...you are right,fielding must improve.
I don't think Law of averages work out in favor of pakistan greatly. In Australia too, the top order performed near around their career averages and got destroyed. Unless someone really steps up and have a vaughan02-03esque run, I don't see pakistan posting anything remotely competitive.

Their bowlers might be able to pull something off though, particularly considering how an inferior english lineup did well in last ashes.

I expect the series to a low scoring affair generally.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bolly for most wickets. Reckon he'll love bowling in England.
I know players improve and all that, but he didn't seem to 3 years ago for Worcestershire - 16 @ 44.56 (and that came in the middle of good bowling figures in other countries)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know players improve and all that, but he didn't seem to 3 years ago for Worcestershire - 16 @ 44.56 (and that came in the middle of good bowling figures in other countries)
Haha, I didn't bother looking up his county figures and I knew that'd end up being the case! Hopefully he'll just do the reverse-Hughes. Bad county figures but good Test figures.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Took Michael Clarke quite a few county games to get going and he certainly came good.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Hence my caveat about players improving. To be honest I thought his record for Worcestershire was worse than that (I seem to recall it was horrendous, although not Brad Hogg horrendous, at one point)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Might head up to dirty town for a viewing of the second test. Wouldn't be surprised if they get more people through the gate for that than the Bang test at OT (which was meant to be over the border itfp)

Matt79

Global Moderator
Take it this won't be telecast on free-to-air tv in Oz. Shame, the timezone works out well for an evening's viewing here. Cmon SBS!

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
So any guesses as to the respective first-test elevens?
One would have to assume;

Watson
Katich
Ponting
Clarke (talk of batting him at 4)
Hussey
North
Haddin
Johnson
Hauritz
Harris
Bollinger

Would love to see Hilfy though.

Pakistan will likely be Butt, the Akmals, Aamer and a heap of people nobody has heard of.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Expect Pakistan to pull off a series win here.Australia have not had a great run in England recently and if the tracks have anything in them,Asif will be all over Australia.
They won't win the series as they are so weak thanks to their stupid board but Asif will certainly blood the Aussies noses and Gul will help him along.If the Pakistanis had had Yousuf and Khan they may have won but they have no chance without them.

They won't win the series as they are so weak thanks to their stupid board but Asif will certainly blood the Aussies noses and Gul will help him along.If the Pakistanis had had Yousuf and Khan they may have won but they have no chance without them.

This might sound daft but not having Yousaf and Younus might actually be a blessing in disguise.If the rumours are true then those blokes had a lot to do with all the fighting and controversies within the team.It is not like they have been setting the world on fire with their batting recently either and both have ordinary records against Australia anyway.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This might sound daft but not having Yousaf and Younus might actually be a blessing in disguise.If the rumours are true then those blokes had a lot to do with all the fighting and controversies within the team.It is not like they have been setting the world on fire with their batting recently either and both have ordinary records against Australia anyway.
How much faith do you have in the spin of the selectors that they are the problem?

Not saying it isn't true but the fact is they are class players who any side could do with on the field.