• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand

student

Cricket Spectator
I'm not tricking anyone thats my opinion of watson. Btw what I would like to see most in AUS cricket would be a T20 with Tait, Nannes, Lee and Johnson in the same attack on a quick pitch, it would be sight to behold.

I'm not tricking anyone thats my opinion of watson. Btw what I would like to see most in AUS cricket would be a T20 with Tait, Nannes, Lee and Johnson in the same attack on a quick pitch, it would be sight to behold.
Sorry mate not interested, you look dodgy.

student

Cricket Spectator
lol no worries man. I swear its legit I just need particpants for my uni project ,you dont put your name on it or anything just answer questions about sport atmosphere.

student

Cricket Spectator
maybe but although murali has more wickets than warne, warne has a better cricketing brain plus even though biomechanics has proved it I still don't think murali bowls legally.

Riggins

International Captain
I had to work tonight and missed the whole T20.
Did Warner switch hit at all?
Did Christo bowl badly or just unlucky?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I had to work tonight and missed the whole T20.
Did Warner switch hit at all?
Did Christo bowl badly or just unlucky?
No Warner didn't switch hit at all. Christian looked pretty mediocre compared to the trio of fast bowlers that Australia started with and he bowled a few average deliveries that were put away well - Franklin's six was from a half volley on leg stump.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Ponting has never played in a test match with Bnd where there has been 5 or 6 hundreds have been hit so thats lie number one.

Ponting did play in a test match where there were two hundreds scored but one of them was Pontings 157 where he smashed Bond repeatedly out of the attack.

Ponting averages over 100 in test matches involving Bond.
Final test of Bond's debut series...four hundreds in New Zealand's first innings (one of them Loue Vincent ffs), plus Warne managed his 99...bit of a road to say the least.

Aaaand in his 10 matches v SE Bond Ponting averages a mediocre (although hardly shambolic) 28...with one century.

Final test of Bond's debut series...four hundreds in New Zealand's first innings (one of them Loue Vincent ffs), plus Warne managed his 99...bit of a road to say the least.

A road you say, but how can that be Brett Lee took 8 wickets.

But I suppose like any average bowler then Bond is only good if there is a lot in the wicket.

cbuts

International Debutant
Yeah can understand why he did, to keep something in reserve, but considering Australia's form and that Bond was in rhythm, would've been best to bowl him out. Retrospect, of course.
we didnt have anything in reserve.... the only chance we had was for Bond and Vetorri to have picked up 2-3 more wickets in those final overs

cbuts

International Debutant
Sorry for going slightly off topic but at least there was a student option for the Twenty20 at Wellington, at North Harbour Stadium for the Blues game in the opening round of the Super14 it was either adult or child with no student option (although the adult price of $20 for the stand I was in was hardly unreasonable). Given Massey Albany's university campus is within walking distance I found that to be a bit unusual.
NZ is the cheapest place i have ever been to watch top quality sport. All Blacks, Black Caps, League, Pheonix....

All costs alot more in Australia/UK....

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
we didnt have anything in reserve.... the only chance we had was for Bond and Vetorri to have picked up 2-3 more wickets in those final overs
Indeed. It seemed like a bit of textbook captaincy from Vettori. Needs to vary it a bit more.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
The aussies even owned the crowd, taking wickets when we started the _____ is a wanker chants :(

That Franklin 6 was straight over my head, so many rows back, massive.

Franklin looked pretty scratchy at times but at least he made runs.

Taylor's dismissal got some terrible booing. The umpires seemed pretty biased with wides and such as well.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Some odd umpiring last night agreed. Would be more of an outcry if it wasn't for the fact both umpires are Kiwi.

SilentOne

U19 12th Man
We would have had more of a balanced game if two Aussies were umpiring tbh. Bowden has been a joke and a disgrace for a long time now.

JBH001

International Regular
Still don't know why Dan didn't bowl himself and Bond out, tbh. Needed another two wickets at that stage to make a contest of it.