• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pak Players ignored by IPL - this is how democracy works

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Ofcourse. Invading a country = Not picking players for IPL.

Or maybe the deep rooted belief in him just popped up.

Sir Alex

Banned
^ Now you know how much hatred India has injecting in Pakistan for themselves.....just US is injecting hate in hearts of Iraqis and Afghanis....carry on with making enemies ...
I cannot believe someone justified that. Wow! Just wow! So in the first IPL when Pakistanis including himself were making super big bucks for no shows (Do not remember how much Afridi went for), it wasn't hindu sentiments then?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I cannot believe someone justified that. Wow! Just wow! So in the first IPL when Pakistanis including himself were making super big bucks for no shows (Do not remember how much Afridi went for), it wasn't hindu sentiments then?
Man go learn subcontinent history before making needless comments......

Sir Alex

Banned
"If I was invited to play in India again I would do so happily, they have great fans and great stadiums and I have many friends there," Afridi said. He also mentioned that sport should be used to build peace between the two nations.

I guess Afridi has put the percieved snub behind him and chose to move on. Good on him. He certainly knows where his dough lie.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
That's a politically correct answer, I can offer a translation of what he actually means but that will cost some money and has to happen outside of this forum.

Sir Alex

Banned
IPL snub: Pak court issues notice | ESPNSTAR.com

A Pakistani court served notices on the federal government and the national association of film producers seeking their response to a petition.

The petition is seeking a ban on the exhibition of Indian films to protest the exclusion of Pakistani cricketers from the IPL.

Lahore High Court Chief Justice Khwaja Muhammad Sharif issued the notices seeking responses from the federal sports and culture ministry and the film producers association at the next hearing scheduled for February 9.

The petition was filed by a man named Muhammad Hussain through his counsel Ishtiaq Ahmed Chaudhry.

It said Pakistan was the world champion in Twenty20 cricket but none of the country's players were selected the Indian Premier League auction as franchises intentionally did not bid for them.

Hussain said this had caused humiliation not only for the players but to the whole nation.

"On the other hand, Indian films are being freely exhibited throughout Pakistan," he said.

Hussain asked the court to ban exhibition of Indian films till the Indian government offers a public apology over the humiliation of the Pakistani crickets and the nation.

He also said the Pakistan government should organise a cricket league on the pattern of IPL so that the country's cricketers and fans can get some relief.

Twenty20 champions Pakistan were stunned after none of the country's 11 players were signed up during the IPL auction.

Civil society groups and political parties have protested the perceived snub of the cricketers and an association of cable TV operators has announced it will boycott IPL matches.

A delegation of Pakistan's Election Commission and some parliamentarians cancelled a visit to join the Indian poll panel's diamond jubilee celebrations this week to protest the perceived snub.

The Pakistan Kabaddi Federation too called off its team's scheduled tour of India.
:lol: No wonder Shahrukh Khan is making all these statements. Also I loled so hard at Kabbadi Federation's dastardly step. Ouch that surely should hurt.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Brand logo for IPL 2011 if the matter keeps going this way:

**** off we are full.
Question for the Mods here:

Where is the line, which, when you cross you get a warning or get banned?

I mean seriously?

Don't want to go down this path but this is simple provocation!!!!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Question for the Mods here:

Where is the line, which, when you cross you get a warning or get banned?

I mean seriously?

Don't want to go down this path but this is simple provocation!!!!
If you have a problem with a post, report it so we can take a look and discuss the situation amongst ourselves, and then ignore it.

daghetto

Cricket Spectator
IPL snub: Pak court issues notice | ESPNSTAR.com

:lol: No wonder Shahrukh Khan is making all these statements. Also I loled so hard at Kabbadi Federation's dastardly step. Ouch that surely should hurt.

its funny cause pakistan freely let the indian boxing team come to pakistan a while back, but when it comes to pak going to india, and thats not even a team, just some players, modi pulls some move that is now stabbing him in the back hahahaha. and thats not only from pak, but from franchise owners and people of his own country too :D

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan is like a little brother to India
For years we were told by Pakistanis from all over the world that, India should stop trying to act like the Big Brother and that would be the first step of peace between the two nations.