• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in India

G.I.Joe

International Coach
maybe... but for sheer pressure, 189 is obviously better.. I mean, he had Michael Holding for company.. :laugh:

EDIT: Also, most quotes about Sachin by Indians has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Unfortunately, either reports misquote or people themselves go overboard... The fact that he is such a likeable chap also plays its part, I reckon.
Thats a plus for Holding, not Richards. For sheer pressure, I'll take Gibbs' 175 over both.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
What about Tendulkar's 175 vs Australia? Gibbs atleast benefited from some backup while it was a solo effort that next best score was 40(?)
No, you are not allowed to rate an innings played by Tendulkar. All Indians are fanboys.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No, you are not allowed to rate an innings played by Tendulkar. All Indians are fanboys.
Haha, flat pitches/small ground clause also I guess

Jeez, over reaction much? Wanna know my thoughts on said innings? try reading those match threads... 8-)

And yes, Sachin is better than Bradman and we should all fall at his feet and get his blessings.. 8-) Otherwise, you are not an objective viewer and simly wanna call all Indians fanboys...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Thats a plus for Holding, not Richards. For sheer pressure, I'll take Gibbs' 175 over both.
Not really. It was obvious Gibbs was simply "having a go" at the beginning. The real pressure in the match came right towards the end and Boucher handled it superbly.. So that is a plus for Boucher, not Gibbs... Get it?

Sir Alex

Banned
Jeez, over reaction much? Wanna know my thoughts on said innings? try reading those match threads... 8-)

And yes, Sachin is better than Bradman and we should all fall at his feet and get his blessings.. 8-) Otherwise, you are not an objective viewer and simly wanna call all Indians fanboys...
Was not having a go at you honestbharani :p

Both are extremes. But one is caused by positive adulation while th other by negative jealousy.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Not really. It was obvious Gibbs was simply "having a go" at the beginning. The real pressure in the match came right towards the end and Boucher handled it superbly.. So that is a plus for Boucher, not Gibbs... Get it?
Yeah, you're not having an over reaction at all. Stop behaving like Pratters. It wasn't aimed at you.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, you're not having an over reaction at all. Stop behaving like Pratters. It wasn't aimed at you.
lol.. sorry about that.. But seriously, I think Sachin is the best in ODIs.. He is the Bradman of ODIs but I still think that Richards innings is better than any other ODI knock I have ever seen. Bevan's 185 odd against Asia comes close but it was not an official ODI and there didn't seem to be the same sort of pressure...

G.I.Joe

International Coach
lol.. sorry about that.. But seriously, I think Sachin is the best in ODIs.. He is the Bradman of ODIs but I still think that Richards innings is better than any other ODI knock I have ever seen. Bevan's 185 odd against Asia comes close but it was not an official ODI and there didn't seem to be the same sort of pressure...
You. Me. My place tonight. Bring the body lotion :ph34r:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
What about Tendulkar's 175 vs Australia? Gibbs atleast benefited from some backup while it was a solo effort that next best score was 40(?)
How about Kapil dev's 175 not out against Zimbabwe in the 1983 world cup.

175 not out of 132 ball out of am team score 266 with the next highest score being 24.

And not the flattest of wickets either.
And not too forget in a world cup match and a do or die one.What a Innings!!!!