• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

43,000 at domestic Twenty20 game

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Doesn't surprise me.

I saw a domestic T20 game in Pakistan which had the stadium full. England's Big Sunday when the T20 semis and final is played gets full house every year as well. I have seen good crowds in a domestic T20 game in Sri Lanka as well.

T20 is a crowd puller like nothing before it where cricket is concerned.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
Or you could look at it that the MCG was less than half full.

I havent looked at the pricing for the domestic twenty20. So, yeah ...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Doesn't surprise me.

I saw a domestic T20 game in Pakistan which had the stadium full. England's Big Sunday when the T20 semis and final is played gets full house every year as well. I have seen good crowds in a domestic T20 game in Sri Lanka as well.

T20 is a crowd puller like nothing before it where cricket is concerned.
Tis a Saturday but yeah I think it normally sells out in advance of the teams being known. And tbh, the group stages often sell out as well.

Redbacks

International Captain
There is barely a sporting event that doesn't get a good crowd in Melbourne. In the next few years, and possibly with more star imports, the vics should break this record easily.

It's a shame the members stand is down at AO, would have sold out the final.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
There were just uner 30,000 at the NSW vs QLD game in Sydney on Wednesday night. That would have been a lot higher if it had not been pouring with rain.

People seem to enjoy the Big Bash - i imagine the crowds would be even bigger if the international stars were available.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I went to a big bash game in January last year and there was barely anyone there. I went again this year and there was close to 30,000. I can't imagine how many will be there tonight on a Saturday night and Gayle possibly playing.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah, I'm going tonight and have been to both Gabba big bashes this year too.

How much do the tickets cost at the G? At the Gabba, it's $18 for one game, $30 for 2 and I think it was just $40 for 3, which really is awesome value.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
$10 adult
$5 concession

I couldn't think of a better spent $10 for a great night out. Bring your own snacks, sink some beers before the game and it's a ripping night.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ha! just $10, I feel a bit ripped off now! I don't mind if there are more matches next year, but I really do not want franchises.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My ticket for the first game at Perth was $30.

Was right behind the sightscreen though so worth the extra for that seat.