• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Bangladesh

James

Cricket Web Owner
Play the ODI series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket
Forum Fans User Competition Code - 1266231665​

Play the Test series on Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket
Forum Fans User Competition Code - 1267185324​

Tue Feb 23
Bangladesh Cricket Board XI v England XI
Narayanganj Osmani Stadium, Fatullah

Thu Feb 25
Bangladesh Cricket Board XI v England XI
Narayanganj Osmani Stadium, Fatullah

Sun Feb 28
1st ODI - Bangladesh v England
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Tue Mar 2
2nd ODI - Bangladesh v England

Fri Mar 5
3rd ODI - Bangladesh v England
Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong

Sun Mar 7 - Tue Mar 9
Bangladesh A v England XI
MA Aziz Stadium, Chittagong

Fri Mar 12 - Tue Mar 16
1st Test - Bangladesh v England
Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong

Sat Mar 20 - Wed Mar 24
2nd Test - Bangladesh v England

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Have just edited, but it's before the next Test apparently.

Am thinking Jimmeh could use the rest although he deserves the opportunity to improve his average. Can see Luke Wright getting a go, Bell to score a couple of quickly derided tons, Plunkett to get a go. Swann will surely have to play, maybe we'll see Rashid.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Chance to blood a few possibles, maybe. Colville also mentioned Jimmeh missing out & I think it's fair to guess that KP won't be thrilled at the prospect of touring either.

Carberry in for the skipper (opener by trade after all) & maybe Morgan if KP doesn't make the trip would be my guesses. I suppose Sid would be the obvious replacement for Jimmeh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think I said it a few weeks ago, my only concern is what does it really tell us if we play a newbie in these Tests? Then again, I don't think even our selectors are facile enough to get themselves in a pickle over a player scoring a huge ton in the absence of an established batsman.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Chance for Swann to get some real good bowling figures. Chance for Bangladesh to win a test if the spinners exploit the touring sides weakness to spin. Expecting good things from Shakib.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think I said it a few weeks ago, my only concern is what does it really tell us if we play a newbie in these Tests? Then again, I don't think even our selectors are facile enough to get themselves in a pickle over a player scoring a huge ton in the absence of an established batsman.
Got Bell a gig ahead of Thorpey for the 2005 Ashes, tbf. Pretty sure Dusty was a selector back then too.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Prior was complaining that players need a rest in an interview not so long ago, chances that he'll get a break??

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Got Bell a gig ahead of Thorpey for the 2005 Ashes, tbf. Pretty sure Dusty was a selector back then too.
Hmm, I guess, although Fletcher said in both of his books that it was always between KP and Thorpe from what I remember

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope that we don't rest too many players, and then get beaten. I'm not sure why Strauss needs to rest, he can rest during the T20 world cup, that must give him a month off or thereabouts.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
A complacent England is surely a recipe for a humbling loss. Better not rest too many first team players.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hmm, I guess, although Fletcher said in both of his books that it was always between KP and Thorpe from what I remember
That was because Bell's unbeaten 150-odd versus yer Banglas had (erroneously) secured his spot tho, I imagine. KP's form in the limited overs stuff demanded his selection so something had to give and it was our best post-Gooch, pre-KP batsman. Shocker of a call IMHO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Agree like Brumby, I don't think many people would disagree, and it's definitely not one of those hindsight calls either. Remember having that conversation with a few people (I didn't post here at the time so can't prove it that way haha).

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Pretty sure there's an ODI leg, which any ODI regulars simply must play in, given the location of the next World Cup.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nice one, have edited, think I went in through the Match/series archive route, silly me

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Rest Jimmy, Broad might get a rest as well if they pick a secon spinner who can bat, then we will go in with Onions, Sidebottom, Swann & 2nd Spinner then presumably Wright. Prior to bat at 6 or Davies if Prior wants a rest, but really he should be taking an enforced rest from the ODI's. Cook, Trott, Bell then any 2 batsmen, yep probably Carberry and Morgan maybe Ravi.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Definitely don't think we should pick Ravi, we know he can plunder weak attacks already