• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tri-Nation ODI Series in Bangladesh

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Any Indian team with Jadeja in it = Fail. I just hope there's someone to displace him from the lineup before the 2011 party comes rolling into town.

Shri

Mr. Glass
India five down after ten overs, the pitch must have something in it?
Nah. Just dire shot selection. Has the occasional sharp turn but nothing more. 2 edges off loose shots(Yuvraj, Kohli), 1 mistimed uppercut(Sehwag), one freak dismissal where the ball hit the stumps after hitting the top part of the batsman's pads)Gambhir), Dhoni edged one to the slips which I did not see. Not really tough to bat on for the international players I suppose. Just a case of brain implosion that these guys have every now and then.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Nah. Just dire shot selection. Has the occasional sharp turn but nothing more. 2 edges off loose shots(Yuvraj, Kohli), 1 mistimed uppercut(Sehwag), one freak dismissal where the ball hit the stumps after hitting the top part of the batsman's pads)Gambhir), Dhoni edged one to the slips which I did not see. Not really tough to bat on for the international players I suppose. Just a case of brain implosion that these guys have every now and then.
watching too much of Pakistan your boys.:dry:

Stapel

International Regular
Last time I checked, India were 70-odd for 5, nowe they are 203/6, with 9 more overs to go. That's not the worst position to be in, even without the notice of the early wickets.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Chokers or otherwise, when the Indians are outplayed, they can't come back. The match is as good as lost.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Have any other sides ever played eachother 15 times in ODIs in a 12 month period?
I could only think Aus/WI would get anywhere close to that. But I doubt it. The two countries would need to tour at least once, meet in more than one competition in the year and even then it would be just 10 or so meetings.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Mahela nver seems to charge on with the starts that the top three provide, he's a great middle order accumulator. But when he's coupled with Samawareera, the brakes come on completely.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mahela nver seems to charge on with the starts that the top three provide, he's a great middle order accumulator
He's not really a particularly good accumulator in one day cricket either; he's played some absolute gems in the format but they are far, far too rare for a player of his class or even, really, of a player who demands selection for every game.

It's odd because unlike other medicore ODI batsmen who are excellent Test batsmen, he isn't too boundary reliant, he doesn't score too slowly and he doesn't have a limited stroke range or anything like that - he just doesn't perform.