• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Killer Records Against 1 Team

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Micheal Vaughan then deserves to be in that list because during his peak around 2002 he was averaging about 60.
How does that compare to Donald who had a almost 10 YEAR PEAK, then declined only for 1.5 years due to loss of pace & injury?.

Vaughan just had a little purple patch between SRI 2002 to SA 03 (Birmigham test). No comparison whatsoever to Donald.

So again Donald's 3 test vs AUS IN 2001/02 shouldn't be considered AT ALL, when judgging his record againts them.

So should Laxman who averages over 50 since his epic 281 in 2001.

VVS indeed when judging him as a great player should be from that Kolkatta test to now since thats when he peaked. Laxman in the 90s clealry wasn't a complete player, he was just a raw talent.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So in other words, if it supports your beliefs then we can cut out matches which don't suit you, but if not we have to ignore them?

Amazing that you can discount a series for Tendulkar with one of the reasons being that he faced a top class bowling attack.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
So in other words, if it supports your beliefs then we can cut out matches which don't suit you, but if not we have to ignore them?
It has nothing to do with my beliefs or what suits me. Its just knowing a players career & not using stats blindly to judge them. You can't blame me if indivuals have not spent the time to follow the ups & downs of a cricketers career properly.

Amazing that you can discount a series for Tendulkar with one of the reasons being that he faced a top class bowling attack.
Yes because in the 2006/07 series, Tendy was still in his tennis-elbow injury phase still. So it wasn't Tendy in peak/top form vs a quality SA pace attack.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Pakistan's Ijaz Ahmed had a pretty good record against Australia especially compared to his overall record. I think he had like 5 centuries and 1000 test runs

Rant0r

International 12th Man
I remember Greenidges double in that series, he was well past his best, he barely scored all series then came out with that innings from nowhere. But I understand what you mean with Donald, Botham, etc, although I wouldn't totally discount players playing past their prime. Botham is probably more a case than Donald, Averaging 31 against the Aussies in that era is certainly nothing to be snivvled at, and The Aussies were certainly strong then, not just a case of Donald being past his best.