• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Top four averaging 50+

Sir Alex

Banned
for the sake of test cricket.. plz plz noo test cricket in subcontinent..

looking back this year when Sri Lanaka toured Pakistan..

and now this SL and India series..

Look at Aus.. i haven't seen a draw test match or series there for a while now.. South Africa, New Zealand, England.. all these place.. they make such a great cricket pitches.. why not have test cricket there...
I am sure you would revise your above opinion now.

Briony

International Debutant
If they played on more bowler-friendly pitches they wouldn't be averaging fifty+. Sehwag was not so hot in SA when the ball was moving around. From memory he had to be dropped down the order. He has few peers when the pitches are super flat, granted.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How is 2006 relevant to 2009? Just curious?

And if these pitches are so flat why are India winnings by an innings in two of the three test matches?

AaronK

State Regular
you all can kiss the fatest part of my behind..

just because there was a result in these two test matches.. that doesn't mean.. the subcontenent pitches aren't flat and batsman friendly..

I will still say.. that if u all want the test version of cricket to survive.. ICC has to take care of these flat pitches.. one solution comes to my mind is to play all test matches in countries like England, NZ, Aus and South Africa... They make the best pitches for cricket..

Shri

Mr. Glass
for the sake of test cricket.. plz plz noo test cricket in subcontinent..

looking back this year when Sri Lanaka toured Pakistan..

and now this SL and India series..

Look at Aus.. i haven't seen a draw test match or series there for a while now.. South Africa, New Zealand, England.. all these place.. they make such a great cricket pitches.. why not have test cricket there...
Bend over bitch. You are mine. Muwahahahah.:devil2:

Sir Alex

Banned

just because there was a result in these two test matches.. that doesn't mean.. the subcontenent pitches aren't flat and batsman friendly..

I will still say.. that if u all want the test version of cricket to survive.. ICC has to take care of these flat pitches.. one solution comes to my mind is to play all test matches in countries like England, NZ, Aus and South Africa... They make the best pitches for cricket..
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bagapath

International Captain
love the aggression in the first line. a sure sign of embarrassment.

that must have been said with some stutter and stammer. calm down dude. everyone makes mistakes. you made one too. so what? admit it and move on.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
If flat pitches are defined as those that allow atleast one team to pick up 20 opposition wickets and ensure a result too, I say lets have more of them.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Briony said:
If they played on more bowler-friendly pitches they wouldn't be averaging fifty+. Sehwag was not so hot in SA when the ball was moving around. From memory he had to be dropped down the order. He has few peers when the pitches are super flat, granted.
On point like a laser beam.

How is 2006 relevant to 2009? Just curious?

And if these pitches are so flat why are India winnings by an innings in two of the three test matches?
Am maybe because SRI attack was poor, which was quiet obvious. Their preferred pace trio (Malinga, Prasad, Thushura) where injured, Murali seemingly in decline on some roads & Mendis decoded.

R_D

International Debutant
Hope you been watching the Adelaide test match.....

R_D

International Debutant
Am maybe because SRI attack was poor, which was quiet obvious. Their preferred pace trio (Malinga, Prasad, Thushura) where injured, Murali seemingly in decline on some roads & Mendis decoded.
Just because Sri Lanka bowled crap doesn't mean pitch was a road... India bowlers seem to have gotten pretty good assistance from last 2 test pitches.
Sehwag got in the head of Sri Lankan bowlers imo... the way he attacked really unsettled their line and lengths and he took full toll . Once he went out they bowled decently again.

Sir Alex

Banned
I am glad Zaheer picked up a fifer in the last innings at Brabourne and put rest to stupid theories floating around about India preparing a spinner's wicket for them to cash in.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Just because Sri Lanka bowled crap doesn't mean pitch was a road... India bowlers seem to have gotten pretty good assistance from last 2 test pitches.
Sehwag got in the head of Sri Lankan bowlers imo... the way he attacked really unsettled their line and lengths and he took full toll . Once he went out they bowled decently again.
The only session of that series that was bowler friendly was the first session of the first day of the first test.

Yes the IND pacers utilize some conditon circumstances better yea, but that more to do with the fact that Khan can reverse swing the ball. SRI attack was poor without their first choice seam attack & Murali crocked.

Dont agree that Sehwag unsettled the IND bowlers totally tbf. Murali definately is in decline, Ojha & Harbhajn got good turn on day 1 of the Mumbai test & Mural really couldn't extract that same turn which so unlike him. Plus Mendis was & has definately been decoded, batsmen have learnt to play him like a medium pacer. Herath probably was SRIs best bowler in the series, but he had no real support.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol when Murali and Mendis are dominating India its all "oh my God what great bowlers" and then India do well and it doesn't count.

Seriously this forum has taken a nose dive.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Lol when Murali and Mendis are dominating India its all "oh my God what great bowlers" and then India do well and it doesn't count.

Seriously this forum has taken a nose dive.
agree totally.

Infact there was no talk of Murali decline 3 months back when he was roasting the Kiwis.

FFS give some due credit guys.