• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No, they way it works is this. Watson's a douche. End of story.

The other way it works is this:

Watson sledges Gambhir, Gambhir retaliates by elbowing him, and he's understandably reacting to sledging.

Haddin sledges Benn, Benn reacts by walking towards Haddin and pointing at him, culminating in the incident becoming physical when Johnson steps between them. Benn is the victim here.

Gayle sledges Watson, Watson gets him out and carries on like a pork chop. It's all Watson's fault.

All three react to sledging in immature ways and carry on like pork chops. However, it's important to note that only Watson is the douchebag here, not any of the others.

Gayle's the real winner in all this. Kudos to him for not reacting to Watson being a wanker.

EDIT: Never mind, adding fuel to fire...

Burgey, you are a great poster. so don wanna end up in namecalling, but unless you know for sure what Watson would have told Gambhir, you have no idea on how justified or understandable his reaction was...

I don't really some douchebag like Watson saying "I was waiting for you to bat" and Gambhir getting worked up over that..

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What is this word "douche" or "douchebag" all about. There is massive overuse in this thread.

As far as I'm concerned, "douche" is French for shower.

I'm assuming that this isn't meant in the Terry-Thomas style insult of "You're an absolute shower."

Cruxdude

International Debutant
What is this word "douche" or "douchebag" all about. There is massive overuse in this thread.

As far as I'm concerned, "douche" is French for shower.

I'm assuming that this isn't meant in the Terry-Thomas style insult of "You're an absolute shower."
According to the urban dictionary

Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and asshole, however not yet reached ****er or mother****er.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Burgey, you are a great poster. so don wanna end up in namecalling, but unless you know for sure what Watson would have told Gambhir, you have no idea on how justified or understandable his reaction was...
Haha, what? There's nothing Watto said that could justify what Gambhir did!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There's a Shane Watson medal on SEN radio, being given to the biggest wankers in sport :lol:

Haddin's reaction to Gayle was funny.

All a bit funny really.

Last edited:

shivfan

Banned
Well said, Garner....

Stabroek News - Garner seething over Benn?s punishment

“There are inconsistencies in the entire process and how the charges were laid. If there are three people involved in the same thing they should be all given the same level of charges and that is why I think it is a bit unreasonable,” said the 57 year old Garner. The Windies manager also questioned why no action was taken after a clash earlier in the game between the Australian captain Ricky Ponting and West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo. “You had an incident where (Ricky) Ponting had an altercation with (Dwayne) Bravo and nothing was done during the same game and I have a problem with the way that justice is being administered,” he said in the Herald story. Garner, who captured 259 Test wickets in a 58-match Test career that spanned 10 years between 1977 and 1987, declined commenting directly on Shane Watson’s 15 per cent match fee fine for yelling in Chris Gayle’s face after claiming the West Indies captain’s wicket, but clearly hinted that he did not view the handling of the issues overall as fair. “The match referee is the man in charge and he will do whatever he feels is best. I go back to Animal Farm days, George Orwell, they say all animals are equal and later on in the same book they say some animals are more equal than others. Maybe that applies in some cases,” Garner said.'

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
The series is over, it was a cracking contest, about time to put the controversy in the past.
I would prefer all the post-series comments to focus on the more interesting moments and players that came out of the series such as the rise of Barath and Roach, and some of the fantastic cricket played during the last two tests.

Nothing worse than a series that lingers on and on past the last test with name calling and tit for tat.

Last edited:

Redbacks

International Captain
There's a Shane Watson medal on SEN radio, being given to the biggest wankers in sport :lol:

Haddin's reaction to Gayle was funny.

All a bit funny really.
"It's over, why is he still talking about it" :happy:

Fair to say Diplomicy 101 is not a course given to state players

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
“There are inconsistencies in the entire process and how the charges were laid. If there are three people involved in the same thing they should be all given the same level of charges and that is why I think it is a bit unreasonable”'
You lost me there, Joel.

Matt79

Global Moderator
The series is over, it was a cracking contest, about time to put the controversy in the past.
I would prefer all the post-series comments to focus on the more interesting moments and players that came out of the series such as the rise of Barath and Roach, and some of the fantastic cricket played during the last two tests.

Nothing worse than a series that lingers on and on past the last test with name calling and tit for tat.
This.