• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

shivfan

Banned
Haha, Watto jumps up and down at Gayle and then Gayle comments on it in the press. Watto's response? "He started it!"

Watson hits back at Gayle swipe - Australia - Fox Sports
Real schoolboy behaviour from Watson!
:laugh:
Gayle's comments are certainly more mature....

'Gayle said Watson over-reacted but was happy "to move on and let bygones be bygones". "Watson didn't actually say anything to me," Gayle wrote in his Daily Telegraph column. "He just kept screaming in my direction. He has a bit of a temper and is pretty emotional so he was probably just letting it all out. Each player is different and getting me out came at a crucial time in an important Test match. There is no doubt he over-reacted but I am prepared to move on and let bygones be bygones." '

I guess it just goes to show - some Aussies can dish it out, but they can't take it. The sledging, that is....
:dry:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Posting from your phone Matt?
Yeah. The ****ing space bar is next to the return key and my ruggedly manly hands are too big for it. Doesn't appear evident when typing - thus I end up editing every second post of mine to remove unintended returns. And then other times I cbf.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah. The ****ing space bar is next to the return key and my ruggedly manly hands are too big for it. Doesn't appear evident when typing - thus I end up editing every second post of mine to remove unintended returns. And then other times I cbf.
:laugh: figured there had to be an explanation for the random line breaks :p

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!

'Gayle said Watson over-reacted but was happy "to move on and let bygones be bygones". "Watson didn't actually say anything to me," Gayle wrote in his Daily Telegraph column. "He just kept screaming in my direction. He has a bit of a temper and is pretty emotional so he was probably just letting it all out. Each player is different and getting me out came at a crucial time in an important Test match. There is no doubt he over-reacted but I am prepared to move on and let bygones be bygones." '

I guess it just goes to show - some Aussies can dish it out, but they can't take it. The sledging, that is....
FFS, Watto's a douche. Got nothing to do with the fact he's Aussie.

Ha Watson is smarter than you......think.

He has certainly put a stop to those that wanted Haddin to get the same penalty as Benn, you know the ones that kept on saying the one that starts it should get the same penalty. I wonder do those same people think Gayle should get the same penalty as Watson seeing how Gayle started it. It seems to have gone very quite on that front I wonder why.

I probably shouldent have mentioned this beecause it will start a rush of posters wanting Gayle to get a fine like Watson, unless there is something different about these two, now what could that be.:laugh:

Burgey

No, they way it works is this. Watson's a douche. End of story.

The other way it works is this:

Watson sledges Gambhir, Gambhir retaliates by elbowing him, and he's understandably reacting to sledging.

Haddin sledges Benn, Benn reacts by walking towards Haddin and pointing at him, culminating in the incident becoming physical when Johnson steps between them. Benn is the victim here.

Gayle sledges Watson, Watson gets him out and carries on like a pork chop. It's all Watson's fault.

All three react to sledging in immature ways and carry on like pork chops. However, it's important to note that only Watson is the douchebag here, not any of the others.

Gayle's the real winner in all this. Kudos to him for not reacting to Watson being a wanker.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If Watson is right and Gayle was telling him he was waiting for him to come on to bowl, I can partly understand why he'd have overreacted.

By why not some Brett Lee over the top fist pumps? Or even point to the pavillion Shoaib style? They're all dickhead, but not as ****ing weird and girly as jumping up and down like a school girl.

Surprised he said he wasn't embarrassed by it when the press asked him if he was.

If you're going to go over the top, do it in a way where you look hard :ph34r:

Burgey

If Watson is right and Gayle was telling him he was waiting for him to come on to bowl, I can partly understand why he'd have overreacted.

By why not some Brett Lee over the top fist pumps? Or even point to the pavillion Shoaib style? They're all dickhead, but not as ****ing weird and girly as jumping up and down like a school girl.

Surprised he said he wasn't embarrassed by it when the press asked him if he was.

If you're going to go over the top, do it in a way where you look hard :ph34r:
AWTA

Fully.