• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Srinath in tests: 1996-2002

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They had an old ODI on Fox last night from 91-92, Aus v India. Srinath played in that game, and I had a little laugh when he bowled a half-tracker, got hit for four and had that aggrieved look on his face completely in line with what was said about him earlier in the thread.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Talent depends on who is commentating.

Loved hearing the English comms. feel brave enough to patronise the Aussies in the warm up before the Ashes, calling them a "solid unit" and "gritty and hard working". I had to check we weren't up for a tour over there.

Oh, and anyone that bowls over 140 is automatically more talented than someone who doesn't. Likewise, batsmen that hit big sixes lare more talented than the brainy nudgers and nurdlers like Colly and Elliott.

I'll stop grinding my dumb commentator axe now.
I'm right behind you Phlegm. It's the idea that Xavier Marshall's ability to play a back-foot cover drive for four makes him more talented than a player like Mike Hussey blessed with tremendous concentration and temperament to pile up copious amounts of runs.

McGrath might come across as an honest trundler, but it takes an unbelievable amount of talent to put the ball on the right spot as often as he did. He's arguably the most accurate bowler of all time. If all it took was honest hard work and application, lots of people would do it.