From the panel that bought you (and these are just the clangers which I can remember, I'm sure there are more):
- Cam White's Test selection in India
- The destruction of the confidence of a couple of spinners
- Three number sixes on the Ashes tour, and no reserve opener
- The Nathan Hauritz exclusion at the Oval
- The Stuart Clark ommission at Lords.
It's not just these mistakes, but their defence of them. Their first reaction is to defend themselves rather than admit they have hurt the team in the above instances.
It's not often that selectors actually cost teams games, but I honestly think this Panel has cost Australia the odd Test match. To say this Panel has done a good job, which is what re-appointing them is suggesting, is truly bizarre. Like with Clarke as captain of the T20 team (so far he's been useless in this format) and the extension of Tim Neilsen's contract, it no longer seems appointments are made on merit. If so, Hilditch would be out of a job.