• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Pakistan in UAE

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon Redmond will definitely continue his role as placeholder opener. We're short of batsmen (Broom is in half the XIs that people are naming because there's noone else) and if we moved Styris up then who bats 5/6? Redmond didn't disgrace himself in Champion's trophy (well, apart from looking awful) and his legspin might be handy. Give him a chance to fail I say!

Will be interesting to see what they do about where Oram bats... and where Vettori bats... and if Franklin plays ahead of Broom as a number 7 hitter.

Also no-one has confirmed, is Butler actually unfit for tonights game, or is Southee just preferred to him? I know Butler has the dodgy knee but I've only seen things saying that Mills is definitely unfit to play.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Vettori would play at 6 like he said he would I assume. Franklin/Oram at 7.
But if Vettori at 6 and Oram/Franklin at 7, then we also have 8,9,10,11 to fill with bowlers and we just don't need that many bowlers. I would play Oram AND Franklin at 7/8 for the extra batting. Franklin ahead of Broom at number 7 purely on likelihood of scoring runs without taking bowling into consideration. Agree with Vettori at 6 - makes sense to me :)

Athlai

Not Terrible
But if Vettori at 6 and Oram/Franklin at 7, then we also have 8,9,10,11 to fill with bowlers and we just don't need that many bowlers. I would play Oram AND Franklin at 7/8 for the extra batting. Franklin ahead of Broom at number 7 purely on likelihood of scoring runs without taking bowling into consideration. Agree with Vettori at 6 - makes sense to me :)
Yeah if Mills was fit the way I mentioned would make more sense.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone know if Mills is definitely ruled-out at this point, or if it's just likely

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just damn well hoping Southee's leaner & fitter than he was in the NZ home season.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Just damn well hoping Southee's leaner & fitter than he was in the NZ home season.
Hey mate could you throw down his speeds whenever you notice them up here? Would be very interested in knowing how fast he goes and don't think the radio or cricinfo will keep a good eye out.

Howsie

International Captain
Hey mate could you throw down his speeds whenever you notice them up here? Would be very interested in knowing how fast he goes and don't think the radio or cricinfo will keep a good eye out.
Faster then 130 probably :happy: