• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
SA have pulled the run rate in. Tho De Wet coming back on so could go for some. He reminds me of Steyn a lot when he first appeared.
Much older though - 29 isn't he?

It looks like there's going to be long periods of attrition tomorrow when Harris is bowling.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
The game's shaping up quite nicely isn't it? A decent performance from England's middle order* could mean an exciting and close game.

*A theoretical possibility.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Strauss always goes on. It's what he does.
Yeah he normally does but didn't in the last few ashes tests, hope he makes it 19 centuries tomorow, well on the way to getting more than any other England player. Pietersen not far behind mind.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Here's Strauss's 2009 record:

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

Is he the best opener in the world? He's up there, IMO
Would rate him 3rd or 4th tbh. I think Smith and Sehwag are conclusively the best two. Gambhir has been absolutely awesome since he came into the Indian team; I'd probably rate him above Strauss but it's a close call.

The ICC rankings have him fifth behind Gambhir, Sehwag, Smith and Prince, although a lot of Prince's rating there came from his middle order efforts.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Here's Strauss's 2009 record:

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

Is he the best opener in the world? He's up there, IMO
Would rate him 3rd or 4th tbh. I think Smith and Sehwag are conclusively the best two. Gambhir has been absolutely awesome since he came into the Indian team; I'd probably rate him above Strauss but it's a close call.

The ICC rankings have him fifth behind Gambhir, Sehwag, Smith and Prince, although a lot of Prince's rating there came from his middle order efforts.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Yeah, fair enough, probably would have Smith and Sehwag in my world XI, although if Strauss keeps this form up next year then he has a real case. Especially if he scores runs in this series and then again in Australia next winter.