• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, may Australia have realised if they leave the bowling pp till later on England will probably be all out by then.

BTW who gets precident over taking the PP, if it gets to over 40 and no one has used theirs..who is forced to use it first?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
BTW who gets precident over taking the PP, if it gets to over 40 and no one has used theirs..who is forced to use it first?
The playing conditions don't really seem to say. The batting side has to inform the umpire earlier than the bowler though.

A batsman must nominate his team’s Powerplay no later than the moment at which the umpire reaches the stumps at the bowler’s end for the start of the next over. The fielding captain may nominate his team’s Powerplay any time prior to the commencement of the over. The umpire who will stand at the bowler’s end for the commencement of a Powerplay block shall determine which side first made the request.
Should either team choose not to exercise their discretion, their Powerplay Overs will automatically commence at the latest available point in the innings (i.e. in an uninterrupted innings, one unclaimed Powerplay will begin at the start of the 46th over).

Could create an interesting situation.​

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is there actually a difference between the batting PowerPlay and the bowling PowerPlay, though, aside from who nominates it? If you get down to 40 overs and no-one's taken it, then you just have two PowerPlays to come. Doesn't matter which is which unless of course there's a minor fielding restrictions difference that I'm not completely aware of.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is there any difference between the batting and bowling powerplay though, in terms of field settings?

Edit: Beaten

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I wonder if England have been playing 2 player ICC 2009.

On that the batting team don't get to choose their power play, it just starts at over 46!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think we're reaching worst selected England XI ever. Sure there have been worse sides because of lack of personnel available and blind faith that player x would develop into something decent. But it's just chock full of players that should not be in the side on any basis.

Five of the top six should not be playing. Arguably more than that. It's ****ing pathetic.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I think we're reaching worst selected England XI ever. Sure there have been worse sides because of lack of personnel available and blind faith that player x would develop into something decent. But it's just chock full of players that should not be in the side on any basis.

Five of the top six should not be playing. Arguably more than that. It's ****ing pathetic.
The selectors hands are completely tied now by the Champions Trophy, that's a big problem. Otherwise people like Bopara and Shah, who imo had a reasonable case for starting the series, could be dropped.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Tendulkar has scored 44 ODI centuries. England's had only 90 odd ODI hundreds in their entire history...

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty profitable bet then.

If the spectators have any sense they'll all be heading to the bar about now.
Actually, that is a really good thing about the ODIs, having chance to get a drink without missing too much. In the T20's you can hardly get a drink because the queues are huge and the break is really short. And don't even get me started on the ridiculousness of the number of ladies toilets at cricket grounds.