• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs

pasag

RTDAS
White's SR in the first 3 ODIs: 74, 64, 85
Ponting currently 125

Yes its a small sample size for White but he just didn't seem like he would score at a SR of over 100.
Ponting's been all over the shop for ages in ODIs. It was White who has stabilized that position and one of the reasons we've been successful this series so far. Ponting doing well now, he's a champion of course, but the guy he replaced has been the best bat this series on either side.

Sylvester

State Captain
Well at least Paine got hte 50 this time, just needs to calm down a bit more if he wants the 100, seems to go real aggressive once he gets a start.

Sylvester

State Captain
Ponting's been all over the shop for ages in ODIs. It was White who has stabilized that position and one of the reasons we've been successful this series so far. Ponting doing well now, he's a champion of course, but the guy he replaced has been the best bat this series on either side.
Yea he has but at his best Ponting has always had that ability to either steady the ship or play aggressive which is the ideal number 3. This is even more important given our current openers who aren't flaying away like Gilly and Hayden use to. The role White has played would be more suited to the position he is in this match.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wouldn't get too excited over Lee's bowling. He's always been a brilliant ODI bowler (who bowls the occasional shocking 7RPO/no wicket game). He'd be close to Australia's best ever ODI bowler actually (behind obviously McGrath and a couple of others). You don't average 23 and strike at 29 without being good.

However he's always been a poor test bowler. The selection mistake in the final ashes was that Hauritz was not picked over Clark.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I would love to somehow see the Australian line-up of 4 years ago play against this current England side.

Wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Callum Ferguson by miles and miles and miles for me.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't get too excited over Lee's bowling. He's always been a brilliant ODI bowler (who bowls the occasional shocking 7RPO/no wicket game). He'd be close to Australia's best ever ODI bowler actually (behind obviously McGrath and a couple of others). You don't average 23 and strike at 29 without being good.

However he's always been a poor test bowler.
The selection mistake in the final ashes was that Hauritz was not picked over Clark.
wat

inbox24

International Debutant
Bet England are thinking: "Damn, won the Ashes that's 4 years worth of work done right there". Now they can't even be bothered to turn up anymore.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Another abysmal, spineless England performance then. If this squad goes to the Champions Trophy then I will be incredibly annoyed. Changes simply have to be made. You can't just stick with a team this bad to save face. Miller needs to pull his finger out, ignore the opinions of Ian Botham and Nasser Hussain and pick the right bloody players for once.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Another abysmal, spineless England performance then. If this squad goes to the Champions Trophy then I will be incredibly annoyed. Changes simply have to be made. You can't just stick with a team this bad to save face. Miller needs to pull his finger out, ignore the opinions of Ian Botham and Nasser Hussain and pick the right bloody players for once.
tbh you could end up making about 8 changes. Which may not be a bad thing, of course.

When you think that 2 years ago we beat India & SL in these games and 12 months ago thrashed SA, you have to wonder what the hell's been going on. It isn't all down to KP's injury.

pasag

RTDAS
I don't think you can make changes, tbh.

alw1971

Cricket Spectator
ffs! Just watched the highlights!

Without doubt the England Test Team in their normal positions would be beating the ODI Team 4-0..........

It's just so f*****g annoying watching county players who just are not international quality!

:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:

FBU

International Debutant
Once you select the 15 no changes can be made unless there is an injury. Flintoff was named in the 15 but sadly couldn't make it and was replaced by Onions. We are stuck with these 15.

We could make changes for the last three matches against Australia but it would mean most of the 15 not getting any match practice before the ICC CT and we would look even worse than we have been looking. Maybe the batting order has to change.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Once you select the 15 no changes can be made unless there is an injury. Flintoff was named in the 15 but sadly couldn't make it and was replaced by Onions. We are stuck with these 15.

We could make changes for the last three matches against Australia but it would mean most of the 15 not getting any match practice before the ICC CT and we would look even worse than we have been looking. Maybe the batting order has to change.
Changing the batting order is simply rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

However if England bat Prior at 11, Bopara at 10 and Shah at 9 it might improve things a little bit, Broad, Rashid, Bresnan etc. can't do any worse than those useless tossers.