• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Stuart Broad Appreciation Society

Howe_zat

Audio File
Got some dignity back but, aside from a couple of good new-ball spells, he was pretty average in this Test tbh. Deserved more than one wicket but not much more.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
TBH I thought he was pretty good throughout the whole test. He's got some aggression in his bowling now (see working over of Clarke) which is going to cause problems for their top order imo.

Spark

Global Moderator
TBH I thought he was pretty good throughout the whole test. He's got some aggression in his bowling now (see working over of Clarke) which is going to cause problems for their top order imo.
I wouldn't read too much into Clarke's woes in that innings of pain. Yes, he was all at sea against the short ball but he was pretty lost against the full ball as well.

He bowled well in short spells but couldn't apply pressure long enough to get wickets IMO.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I was wondering how the alternatives are shaping up.

Shazhad - apparently out of sorts at county level
Bresnan - injured
Woakes - injured last I heard
Onions - playing but is he doing much for his county this year?
Finn - I can't work out whether he's expensive but a genuine wicket taker or expensive and gets lucky from time to time

Have I forgotten anyone?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member

Bresnan - injured
Finn - I can't work out whether he's expensive but a genuine wicket taker or expensive and gets lucky from time to time

Have I forgotten anyone?
woakes has been back playing the past week, Onions has been doing ok without getting any big hauls

Jacknife

International Captain

Bresnan - injured

Have I forgotten anyone?
Yes, pretty much what you said, Shahzad's just come back from injury but before that he's unfortunately been all over the place. He appears to have gone back to how he was pre getting selected for England, bowling too fast and in the middle of the pitch. he just needs to find his feet, which he hasn't after he got injured in the WC.
Bresnan just waiting for him to come back after injury ,which shouldn't be too long now.
Woakes just come back, played a couple of T20's.
Onions seems to have been gradually eased back in by the Durham coaches, which is sensible, considering he thought his career was finished at one point.

One guy who I would add to that list, is Harris of Glamorgan, one of the best young bowlers around, very good average of 26, swings the ball and is quick enough, should be mentioned more than he is imo.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I remember travelling down to Hoppers for a match back in 06. Tried to catch a ball in the outfield and wasn't looking where I was running. Went straight into one of those steel bar things they use as fences at some cricket grounds. Lucky to have not broken my ribs.