• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2009/10

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
He's back playing club cricket I think. He was on the cricket company last week and they showed him getting through a few overs of medium pace. I think he said he'll be back for the 20/20's.
Sweet, he'll add a bit to the team. Hopefully he doesn't take Duuuwayne's spot.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
He picked up a hand injury when ND were in the field.
Cheers for that, I presumed it would be something along those lines.

Also just though it was interesting to note that all six teams have one win and one loss after the two rounds of one day cricket so far...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
What are people's thoughts on the following article relating to the two forfeited innings in the Auckland vs ND first class match in the fourth round of the Plunkett Shield?
Captains deny collusion in rain-affected game | New Zealand Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

IMO its hard to disagree too much with some of Dermot Reeve's comments that there had to be some collaboration in the decision. Personally I don't mind so much at the actual forfeiting of innings to force a result but would expect honest statements from the two captains who denied "colluding".

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Richard Sherlock has been spotted, his first game for Auckland today. 2-57 of seven but he did get Neil Broom early who was batting at three.
where did you get the score card? Good to see him back, not bad for first game back and a high a scoring one.

Interested to see how he goes this season and if Te Ahu will get a game

trapol

U19 12th Man
So does this mean that everyone out there in Internet land can stop demanding the inclusion of Williamson in the Black Caps?

He is obviously a very talented youngster but these guys do need to time to develop andbe left alone for a few years.

One last prediction - (a little silly perhaps when you consider how low our stocks are in the bowling department) but Trent Boult NEVER plays international cricket for NZ

stupid prediction i know but from what ive heard he just simply isnt that good

Sorry to beat up on your beloved NDs Howsie

GGG

State Captain
So does this mean that everyone out there in Internet land can stop demanding the inclusion of Williamson in the Black Caps?

He is obviously a very talented youngster but these guys do need to time to develop andbe left alone for a few years.

One last prediction - (a little silly perhaps when you consider how low our stocks are in the bowling department) but Trent Boult NEVER plays international cricket for NZ

Well if Trent Boult "simply isnt that good", then our domestic batsman are bloody hopeless as his FC average is 24, yeah I know early days.

Baring injury my prediction is he will be in the test team within 2 seasons.

trapol

U19 12th Man
Yes i do realise that my comment was a little stupid but i guess i was trying to make a point.

A do believe that my point of Never playing for NZ will be closer than yours though. 2 Years? really

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Franklin :wub:

Also Jeets 10 overs, 21 runs and a wicket. Awesome, feel good stuff after that last match.
Great that Franklin is back playing and doing well. Hadn't been able to read anything about his injury status in the news and was assuming he had more knee injury troubles.

He must be pretty close to giving up bowling for good though - if so that would be a real shame.

GGG

State Captain
Yes i do realise that my comment was a little stupid but i guess i was trying to make a point.

A do believe that my point of Never playing for NZ will be closer than yours though. 2 Years? really
Besides Southee who of our current test bowlers are going to be around in 2 years? Maybe a bit soon but it wouldn't surprise me.

Howsie

International Captain

I agree, that's a very silly statement. Trent Boult made the New Zealand squad as a 19 year old afterall, the only thing stopping him from playing for New Zealand in the future is injury. I've seen some of your posts on Boult before and I remember you saying he's not quick enough and would be lucky to be 125K.

I've seen Boult bowl plenty of times and at his best he's as good as if not better then Tim Southee which is saying something for a 19/20 year old quick bowler. If Boult didn't pick up that stress fracture I would not have been surprised had he of already played for New Zealand.

Polo23

International Debutant

From what i've seen he's far better than what you've heard.

Werent you making predictions like this left right and centre last summer about people you freely admitted you had never actually seen play with your own eyes?

bryce

International Regular
I've had rep players who have faced Boult say to me that he is ****in' tiny but pretty ****in' quick with a really good action too

Howsie

International Captain
I've had rep players who have faced Boult say to me that he is ****in' tiny but pretty ****in' quick with a really good action too
Yea one of our openers played against him a few years ago and said he was quick but had a big ****ing mouth.

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain

New uniforms for the HRV Cup, ITSTL.

Anyone know if the matches will be streamed on the sky website?