• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2009/10

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
1) I always thought it was confusing for people overseas to have a "state" championship played for by provinces instead of states.

2) I always liked the shell cup and shell trophy.

Howsie

International Captain
Na CD could use Napier more than Dilshan.
What!!!!!! :huh:

Central Districts already have Diamanti and Thompson, and Dougie Bracewell. That's three all-rounders right their, and Napier's batting isn't any better (or much better) then the first two.

Dilshan would have been a far better pick-up.

Athlai

Not Terrible
What!!!!!! :huh:

Central Districts already have Diamanti and Thompson, and Dougie Bracewell. That's three all-rounders right their, and Napier's batting isn't any better (or much better) then the first two.

Dilshan would have been a far better pick-up.
Yeah but unlike those three **** house allrounders Napier can actually bowl. And probably bat better as well. CD has a good batting lineup and rubbish bowling, Napier was one of the best domestically last year.

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah but unlike those three **** house allrounders Napier can actually bowl. And probably bat better as well. CD has a good batting lineup and rubbish bowling, Napier was one of the best domestically last year.
They both have better bowling 20/20 records then Napier, Bracewell has yet to play. Napier's a **** house batsmen though, both Thompson and Diamanti have better records.

So when you look at the stats, both Thompson and Diamanti are better 20/20 all-rounders. Dilshan would by far, have been the better option for CD.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
They both have better bowling 20/20 records then Napier, Bracewell has yet to play. Napier's a **** house batsmen though, both Thompson and Diamanti have better records.

So when you look at the stats, both Thompson and Diamanti are better 20/20 all-rounders. Dilshan would by far, have been the better option for CD.
Napier is better though. The record would be due to him playing English cricket wouldn't it?

Howsie

International Captain
Napier is better though. The record would be due to him playing English cricket wouldn't it?
Yeah I was just looking at their career 20/20 records. I'll look up Napier's stats in New Zealand tommorow or something, I can't remember him doing that much last season though.

Flem274*

123/5
If this guy: Ewen Thompson | New Zealand Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | Cricinfo.com is crap, then I'd hate to see how all those that do worse than him would go at top.

Oh wait, there's Patel. :p

Diamanti and Thompson are good domestic bowling allrounders. They might not be much chop at a higher level, but we hardly need another one.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If this guy: Ewen Thompson | New Zealand Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | Cricinfo.com is crap, then I'd hate to see how all those that do worse than him would go at top.

Oh wait, there's Patel. :p

Diamanti and Thompson are good domestic bowling allrounders. They might not be much chop at a higher level, but we hardly need another one.
Napier got 14 @ 11.57 Economy 6.27
Thompson 8 @ 28.25 Economy 8.69
Diremanti 3 @ 12.33 (Only bowled 7 overs for some reason) Economy 5.33
Bracewell didn't even play.

**** Napier bowled better than every CD bowler tbh, left Mason and McClenenenen in the dust. Napier is a better player than Thompson by a fair bit.

Polo23

International Debutant
Foreign conditions and he's due for a few failures. No real argument behind it, I just think he will.

Athlai

Not Terrible
McCleanaghan must be injured because he isn't in CD's playing XI.
Or he isn't that good...

Na could just be giving some new guys a run at an early part of the season. Haven't seen Kuru before, may head down to the Basin for a while today.