• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh vs Australia Series

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
They did rattle the South African top order in the 2nd Test, but then again SA are REALLY bad ;)
To be fair, so was the pitch. Reminiscent of Derby through the eyes of the ECB inspectors... :baddevil:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
They did rattle the South African top order in the 2nd Test, but then again SA are REALLY bad ;)

they must be, they lost to england :P:P

Michael Clarke, who made 79 in the last tour match has said "They bowled very well. They have got a very consistent bowling attack and I thought they bowled to their strengths."

the pitch reportedly being very slow would ofcourse slow him down and aid the Bangladeshi attack alot too

Bazza

International 12th Man
I can't believe how arrogant some of these Aussies are, even though it happens all the time, it still leaves me in shock. David Hookes must be a t*** if he thinks Australia can bowl Bangladesh out twice on day one and score enough to beat them inbetween, and Dennis Lillee must be a complete and utter idiot if he thinks Australia can score 1000. He obviously knows nothing about the game.

These Aussies really **** me off sometimes! :!(

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I love the 'colourful' comments by Hooksey and Lillee and the like - plenty of duck material.

People who come out and make outrageous statements (I'm looking at you, Shoaib) deserve every now and again to get their come-uppance and end up with runny egg all over their faces.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh have had an impressive build up to the Test. I wouldn't totally write them off. I think there is the capacity for a few surprises here, maybe not a win, but a few session wins. I do feel though that the Australian team and supporters should realise that Bangladesh have won 2 of their warm up matches, something that very few Teams coming to Australia, have to their credit. What I've noticed is that the Australian media, apart from David Hookes and Dennis Lillee who can moan about anything, are being very quiet, maybe it's because they have so little to critisize them for!

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Rik said:
the Australian team and supporters should realise that Bangladesh have won 2 of their warm up matches, something that very few Teams coming to Australia, have to their credit.

But dont other teams play against far better opposition than Bangladesh have done? Dont forget its winter down there...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
But dont other teams play against far better opposition than Bangladesh have done? Dont forget its winter down there...
Yes but you still can't knock that they won. Anyway they've defeated 2 sides consisting of Australians, who, least we forget, are better than anyone else in any way because of their nationality. :rolleyes:

Also they beat the Aussie Academy, nothing better to give the Aussies a fright than the worst Test side in the world beating the players who are the future of the Australian National Team right?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Still don't see any session wins or any other morale boosters for the Bangladeshis unless the Aussies grow totally complacent and careless......even so, the matches should still be over within a maximum of 3 days.....

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
anilramavarma said:
Still don't see any session wins or any other morale boosters for the Bangladeshis unless the Aussies grow totally complacent and careless......even so, the matches should still be over within a maximum of 3 days.....
Overconfidence leads to many things. And very often the weakest teams perform at their best against the best. You can't write off the chance.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Note the fact that Michael "God's Gift" Clarke was bowled by Manjural Islam for one in the second innings.

To knock off that 187 (84 overs) showed tremendous resilience and determination - the Bangladesh of the World Cup would have been all out for 60. Dav Whatmore must take a lot of credit for that.