• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh vs Australia Series

V Reddy

International Debutant
Mr. Ponting said:
their win ratio in tests is....0. so i guess the ODI ratio is better!
They won against Scotland , Kenya ( their only win against them in about 10 matches) and Pak ( which was fixed).

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Mr. Ponting would like to officially apologise for his statements on Damien Martyns part. Anything said about how "boring" Martyn is is not true. The fact that Bangladesh was the opposition counts for nothing. I am sorry.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vishnureddy said:
Well S Waugh said that Ban has batted better than Pak and WI did in recent times ;) :lol: :lol: .
Well then Steve Waugh is clearly clueless.
they did manage to draw a test. a rained out match against the west indes.
Bangladesh have played West Indies twice and they have beaten soundly beaten 2-0. They didn't draw any matches. I think they drew one against Zimbabwe...

Eclipse

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Well then Steve Waugh is clearly clueless.
He was talking about the last time WI toured Oz and they were bowled out for under 100 a couple of times.

anzac

International Debutant
I've been impressed with Bangladesh this time 'round and the visible progress they have made on this tour.....

I'd also like to support the comments re BAN batting better than the likes of WI & PAK in relation to their recent tours to AUS, esp when you consider those teams had established international success & stars in the game. IMO the BAN efforts have not looked good on paper - but you can see they are trying - unlike some of the purely inept efforts made by others.

they are lacking a lot of things but in particular they need either an impact player or a star batsman & star bowler to make it start to happen for them. EG - Muri made a big difference for SL once he came on the scene, and the Flower brothers held ZIM together for years while the rest of the team grew around them. IMO once they can find these then they will start to get the results on the field - particularly with their passion & 130 million cricket made population. They also need an ounce of luck as they have been playing well in patches without it, and have been unable to press on thru this.

I still have my doubts re the timing of their introduction at this level - I hope that the level of their domestic support for the game is strong enough to see them thru this prolonged baptism of fire - I can think of a few nations that would struggle to do so under these same circumstances - NZ included (IMO it would just about be the death of the local game!)

:)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Bangladesh could have easily have been folded for 50..so well done to Kapali.

Craig

World Traveller
I didnt see much of the oDI series, I didnt really care to much or showed much interest which is not like me. I suppose I had other things to entertain me.