• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Emerging Players Tournament 2009

Howsie

International Captain
Sounds like Williamson didn't think he was out, oh well. Tait is probably injured to he only bowled one ball in his 4th over.

Why are Raval and Worker batting 7-8?

Polo23

International Debutant
Sounds like Williamson didn't think he was out, oh well. Tait is probably injured to he only bowled one ball in his 4th over.

Hardly surprising re Tait...he's always injured. A bit like Shane Bond, but without the talent.

No idea about Raval and Worker, seems strange. I would have though De Grandhomme would be a better option down the order with his big hitting and Worker opening.

Not overly surprised by this result, I think this AIS team have been together training for around 3-5 months, so you'd expect them to be pretty sharp.

I like the look of Wagner, despite his figures of 1/58 the commentary suggested he was bowling quickly and had the batsmen in a bit of trouble, seems to have a bit of mongrel about him also which is fantastic.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
May not be surprised about the result but it's still a sound hiding, which is never great. Went out of the office (yeah, I'm at work) just after Fulton was out and came back to find it was 70/7 or so, with extras the highest scorer :puke:. Going to have to lift their game against SA and India, seeing as SA beat them in the 20/20 and India beat AIS.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member

Good point, however more importantly, if you are in fact Trent Boult, when are you going to become the next Wasim Akram?

brockley

International Captain
Awesome effort by oz steve smith 1 for the future,shame he didn't bowl,whats with all the allrounders in the side mangan at 7?

Polo23

International Debutant
May not be surprised about the result but it's still a sound hiding, which is never great. Went out of the office (yeah, I'm at work) just after Fulton was out and came back to find it was 70/7 or so, with extras the highest scorer :puke:. Going to have to lift their game against SA and India, seeing as SA beat them in the 20/20 and India beat AIS.
Correct me if i'm wrong but don't NZ usually start like this at the start of the EPT? I think I recall them getting skittled for bugger all early on in the previous tournaments, though, I may be thinking about something else.

Expect a better batting and bowling performance in the next game for sure.

Howsie

International Captain
Cricket Australia's offical site :)

Although I think they only have the Aussie's games live

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Both teams batted badly. The bottom five saved the Saffies, but India's let them down. SA scored a little more. All said and done, Tyagi is a genuine talent, and should be used properly by the Chennai IPL team, and will do well for UP and Central.

Bronx

Cricket Spectator
I have no idea why Worker is not opening tha batting for NZ at this tournament, batting at 6-7 is pretty pointless for a budding opening batsmen if you ask me. Hopefully Williamson makes a few runs over there to, I'm really excited about this kid. Other then Tuesday Southee by all accounts has bowled fairly well so that's good to hear.

Te Ahu Davis's selection is quite perplexing to, there are players like Trent Boult, Mitchell McGlenghan (SP) that should of been selected over him.

pup11

International Coach
Very happy to see Stevie Smith perform with both bat and ball, always have rated him a very good young player, and I think he is a great prospect for the future.

Though could someone tell me why two Indian players were playing for the AIS side...?

Polo23

International Debutant
Australia generally always have 1 or 2 Indians playing for them. Not entirely sure why, I guess they go over there to train.

brockley

International Captain
Polo they are on schaolarship to the aussie academy,bilateral agreement.
A bilateral agreement which sees india and australia play eachother regularly in all forms of cricket right down to schoolboy cricket,in fact the oz academy tours there this year.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Polo they are on schaolarship to the aussie academy,bilateral agreement.
A bilateral agreement which sees india and australia play eachother regularly in all forms of cricket right down to schoolboy cricket,in fact the oz academy tours there this year.
so the BCCI do get something right occassionally.. Seriously props to them as this arrangement can only benefit cricket in both countries.. :)

Flem274*

123/5
I have no idea why Worker is not opening tha batting for NZ at this tournament, batting at 6-7 is pretty pointless for a budding opening batsmen if you ask me. Hopefully Williamson makes a few runs over there to, I'm really excited about this kid. Other then Tuesday Southee by all accounts has bowled fairly well so that's good to hear.

Te Ahu Davis's selection is quite perplexing to, there are players like Trent Boult, Mitchell McGlenghan (SP) that should of been selected over him.
Haha yeah I'd have Worker opening too, though he has played in the middle order for CD occassionally. Not 7-8 though.