cricket betting betway blog banner small

Thread: Why England Don't Want Kevin Pietersen

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar

Why England Don't Want Kevin Pietersen

Cricket Web - Features: Why England Don't Want Kevin Pietersen

Over the past couple of generations, sensationalism has become a hobby of the national media. In this time, sports journalists in England have decried a continued lack of talent representing the national sides. Footballers and cricketers (amongst countless others) alike have been ridiculed for not cutting the mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Good article, and oh so true I'm afraid.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Plenty of question marks on this topic imo.

That shouldn't have happened - thanks for pointing it out!

It's not fixed
    Last edited by GIMH; 21-04-2009 at 03:20 PM.

Hehe, really nice article, ?s not withstanding - funny in the right places, and in the right quantity, but a very true (and disheartening, for England fans) view on the situation, Kevin Pietersen, and Britain in general.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    100% agree with that. Nice length, too

I could rant quite a bit about the English media, but what pisses me off most currently is the England Pendulum, where their team is always either horribly underrated or phenomonally overrated. Truth be told, England are pretty average. All the early posts i made when i joined this site were on how England were nowhere near as good as the general perception of them believed and South Africa were going to hand their asses to them that summer. Now it seems like all i ever do is defend them against horribly OTT criticism.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Seems to be the way for most countries except Aus, SA, and SL tbh, with variances (eg. Indian media is generally OTT overraters of the team, but fans often hve to defend the team when they lose from the "I hate India and think they are massively overrated" crowd)
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

It's a good article and Cozza successfully pulls off an air of sardonic levity, which is a hard trick to manage, but he's taken a wee bit of artistic licence regarding KP missing his, er, missus.

What irked the old sweats in the meedja and the embittered loners who post on cricket forums () was not that he was pining for his better half, but that he'd asked to be excused from the tour to "support" her whilst she appeared on some piddling piece of reality TV fluff in the UK. The fact that she made it to the final was the reason he hadn't seen her for 11 weeks.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"At this point, the merciful thing to do may be to put up one of those big green curtains they use when a horse falls at a racecourse, to spare the crowd the sight, and afford the man some privacy, for the ruthless but necessary end of his Test career." - The Guardian's Andy Bull on Keaton Jennings

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    It's a good article, and our media do swing madly one way or another. However, rightly or wrongly, part of what a modern captain needs is to be able to present himself (and to an extent his team) well in the media. Unfortunately KP didn't seem able to do that.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I enjoyed that - very good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    It's a good article and Cozza successfully pulls off an air of sardonic levity, which is a hard trick to manage, but he's taken a wee bit of artistic licence regarding KP missing his, er, missus.

What irked the old sweats in the meedja and the embittered loners who post on cricket forums () was not that he was pining for his better half, but that he'd asked to be excused from the tour to "support" her whilst she appeared on some piddling piece of reality TV fluff in the UK. The fact that she made it to the final was the reason he hadn't seen her for 11 weeks.
    I couldn't find anything to prove that that was what he actually said - my understanding all along has been that he said he was fed up on the tour and couldn't wait to go home, but not that he actually asked to be sent home. Hey, I might well be wrong, but I thought it was just interpretation and would be happy to be proved wrong

Thanks for the feedback guys

Very good article, but Pietersen did ask to be sent back home (in between games) to support his wife in that reality show ****.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Thread Information