• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

For Australians Interested In Keith Miller...

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Interesting program. Been eager for it all week.

Loved the classic game footage. Forgot how smooth an action Miller possessed. Minimal effort for such good pace.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
My dad said he watched it and it was really interesting - but said it was part 1 of 2 and the second half would be on next week?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Second part is on his life.

There was an interview with one of the producers on SEN, and she said they weren't going to shy away from his reportedly poor r'ship with Bradman. Should be a good view.

pasag

RTDAS
Just watched the replay. Bit average, too much on his wife and kids, not enough on his cricket aside for some superficial stuff.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right, a few observations on this show, which I thoroughly enjoyed (though I only saw the last 15-20 minutes).

First, Keith Miller makes Shane Warne look like a choir boy. Imagine the high-handed sanctimony if he was playing today. Probably would have been dropped on non-cricket grounds.

Second, and I can say this as I'm comfortable with my own ***uality. If I was a young woman in the 40s and 50s, I'd throw myself at him. The bloke was an adonis.

Third, his wife must have been a wonderful sport.

Fourth, if he played in the modern era and wasn't frog-marched out of the game, imagine the dough this bloke would make. He was athletic, good-looking, could bowl fast, field brilliantly and hit the ball a ton. Imagine Miller in ODI or T20 mode. Amazing even think about it. The endoresement's he'd get today would be incredible.

I get a sense after watching this and reading a lot about Miller in the past, that the comment made comparing him with Botham was spot on. Both charismatic, both great all rounders, both free spirits. As was said, they would both be stars in any era. But Botham would be a rock star, Miller a movie star.

archie mac

International Coach
Right, a few observations on this show, which I thoroughly enjoyed (though I only saw the last 15-20 minutes).

First, Keith Miller makes Shane Warne look like a choir boy. Imagine the high-handed sanctimony if he was playing today. Probably would have been dropped on non-cricket grounds.

Second, and I can say this as I'm comfortable with my own ***uality. If I was a young woman in the 40s and 50s, I'd throw myself at him. The bloke was an adonis.

Fourth, if he played in the modern era and wasn't frog-marched out of the game, imagine the dough this bloke would make. He was athletic, good-looking, could bowl fast, field brilliantly and hit the ball a ton. Imagine Miller in ODI or T20 mode. Amazing even think about it. The endoresement's he'd get today would be incredible.

I get a sense after watching this and reading a lot about Miller in the past, that the comment made comparing him with Botham was spot on. Both charismatic, both great all rounders, both free spirits. As was said, they would both be stars in any era. But Botham would be a rock star, Miller a movie star.

Well said mate; I have always loved Keith Miller:cool:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be honest he sounded like an absolute prick who is fun to watch but you wouldn't like to be "close" to him.

His wife must have been a very forgiving woman. I just can't see modern women putting up with his crap for so long.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't really see how Keith Miller sleeping around is any thing to look up to him for, but the man could play cricket, that's for sure.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year

All spot on Burgey. Richie Benaud has himself said that if the media was as intrusive in the 1950s as it is today, Miller would have a reputation to make Warne look like a dead set saint. One of the key differences I think though is that Miller seems to have been much better, or more widely, liked as a person and seen as much less of a prattish arsehole, as Warne was/is by many.

Additionally, in terms of the money he might have made today - Miller had a chance meeting with Kerry Packer in the 1980s and the conversation eventually came around to how much Miller could have made in the modern game. Packer silently jotted down a figure and passed it to Miller - the number was never actually revealed but I'd be fascinated to know what it was. And that was 25 years ago - imagine how much he'd make in the IPL? Though my hero-worship for the man means I have to believe that he would have turned mickey mouse league money down on principle...