• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in England

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Definite misreading of him there but he can defend himself.

And I never said Baker was good. Mahmood has more experience as well.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
You are badminded trini, prolly angry ganga isn't captain anymore. Chris gayle to the world, I know it hurts you. I always thought you weren't west indian, that explains it all. Another trini who doesn't support or believe the WI can do good. Im so happy helegance aka samuels ran out lara in his final game.
Can anyone think of a good reason why this guy should be permitted to continue posting this offensive rubbish?

Moderators?

sammy2

Banned
Can anyone think of a good reason why this guy should be permitted to continue posting this offensive rubbish?

Moderators?
I know you rather a poster who kiss ass, but I aint the one. If im not talking to you, you should mind your business instead of being an internet police.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
You are badminded trini, prolly angry ganga isn't captain anymore. Chris gayle to the world, I know it hurts you. I always thought you weren't west indian, that explains it all. Another trini who doesn't support or believe the WI can do good. Im so happy helegance aka samuels ran out lara in his final game.
My God, what an IDIOT... why do you feel the need to post here when no one likes you or appreciates the profanity you type? What does it achieve when you post something like that? At first I thought you were merely an over enthusiastic misguided West Indian fan but now i know what you truly are and in the words of Mr M it makes me slightly ashamed to be West Indian when there are people like you playing up stereotypes.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Bernard should not be in the team. It's a disgrace that he's even on tour. And yes, I'm fully aware that he had a not-awful game in the tour match - means nothing to me.
Don't really agree, he's one of the few West Indian bowlers who i've seen swing it despite doing it at medium pace, and although his batting isn't at a number 6 international level there isn't much better going after Bravo left us for the Mumbai Indians.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Yea no doubt Rampaul should have been picked. But Pascal should have been picked in NZ instead of Pascal, atl least has a bit of a "mild potential X-factor" than could probaly porper him to success @ international level. Instead of Baker who is just awful.
A lot of West Indian selectors have lived by that logic and it hasn't got us all that far tbh.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
:laugh: I'm a Trini and I'm actually the one that had a go at Jamaicans on caribbeancricket.com. I have no problem with Jamaicans, just a number of those on that website that literally make things up about young cricketers who they have never seen play that are not from their country (e.g calling Jaggers rotibelly, Adrian is fraid of pace etc).

As for your points:

- Ganga was persisted with for too long and was never a realistic option for full time captaincy.

- Gayle is the best leader we have had for a long time and the job is his for a long time yet. We are a much better team when he is there to lead the way.

- Helegence is a first class idiot. But man can he bat when he's in the mood.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
True, but the ideal situation would be to have Barath in the squad for a few tours, a la Lara.
I know, hence the rest of my post.
I certainly hope Barath gets to spend a bit of time around the WI set-up (if he's taking the examples of the responsible types rather than the irresponsible ones, obviously, and being set a good example rather than a bad one), ideally for a lengthy period, before he gets on the park, but you've always got to be careful about how you manage that, because if you do it carelessly it can result in a Tait-2005\Hauritz-2004/05-esque scenario (there are many more examples BTW, those are just a couple of recent ones).
I was thinking of Lara when I wrote it. Lara's case almost went perfectly to plan (he played once in Pakistan in 1990/91 when Carlisle Best did so poorly that he had to go), and lo-and-behold, when he came in upon Richards' retirement he was ready to go straight away.

Trouble is, West Indies were rather stronger 1989-1992 than they are currently.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seriously, how much longer do we have to put-up with this rubbish for?

sammy2

Banned
My God, what an IDIOT... why do you feel the need to post here when no one likes you or appreciates the profanity you type? What does it achieve when you post something like that? At first I thought you were merely an over enthusiastic misguided West Indian fan but now i know what you truly are and in the words of Mr M it makes me slightly ashamed to be West Indian when there are people like you playing up stereotypes.
I'm not here to be liked little boy, nor do I wish be respected by internet people.

Fazeer Mohammed is the person who said Trinis are only wishing to see ramdin shine behind the stumps while wishing chris gayle and his Jamaican friends fail the west indies. BADMIND TRINIS.. Complain to Mr Mohammed, not me.

sammy2

Banned
Seriously, how much longer do we have to put-up with this rubbish for?
We have to put up with your selective memory, and lies about cricket past. I'm sure they can put up with me posting exactly how I feel.

I wasn't talking to you, get over it.

sammy2

Banned
So let's not chinks over acknowledging the drawn series in New Zealand as something of an achievement, although the unapologetically insular among us are so blinded by dislike for Chris Gayle and his band of Jamaicans - except maybe the Australian-born white one - that they would wish the team be thrashed every step of the way, so long as Denesh Ramdin shines behind and in front of the stumps.
:laugh:

Badmind Trinis ..**** them.

Richard you should STFU sometimes if you don't understand whats going on.

I hate fools who stay in the dark, but convince they know everything. Don't respond to me ever again.