Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: Is it time to sack dave hussey

  1. #1
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    4,292

    Is it time to sack dave hussey

    I have had it with him.
    Just want to see if their is anyone out their who actually believes he should still be their.
    For mine,my thoughts are he is a flat track domestic cricket bully.
    Anyone else out their think its time to end his international career?

  2. #2
    U19 12th Man HMas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    256
    He was a star 2 games ago.

  3. #3
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    England (support India)
    Posts
    1,404
    Man of the match with a brilliant innings 2 games a go, have you ever heard the term 'knee jerk reaction'?

  4. #4
    International Debutant Evermind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,250
    To me, he's a bit like Australia's Yuvraj. Pretty good in limited overs, but absolutely not test-quality.


  5. #5
    Hall of Fame Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    19,746
    Don't rate him at all in ODIs. He's never convinced me.

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
    Posts
    19,450
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    I have had it with him.
    Just want to see if their is anyone out their who actually believes he should still be their.
    For mine,my thoughts are he is a flat track domestic cricket bully.
    Anyone else out their think its time to end his international career?
    Quote Originally Posted by Evermind View Post
    To me, he's a bit like Australia's Yuvraj. Pretty good in limited overs, but absolutely not test-quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Don't rate him at all in ODIs. He's never convinced me.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

  7. #7
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,349
    Yes please. He had a shocking home summer. I think he only had two innings above 50 in 10 games. He really only made it on the tour because he got 70 odd in the 2nd last ODI against N.Z.

    From what I've seen of him he hasn't been that great, he's far too inconsistent which is a reflection on his domestic career record. Symonds should come straight in for him for the England ODIs.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain



    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

    I'm Green

    The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    17,885
    Surely Huss is just keeping Symonds place warm.

    Keep him in the 20/20s, boot him out of the ODI side.

  9. #9
    State Vice-Captain gettingbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Down By The River
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Evermind View Post
    To me, he's a bit like Australia's Yuvraj. Pretty good in limited overs, but absolutely not test-quality.
    Test quality?

    1. Looking at his FC record, he looks as though he is Test quality
    2. What does Test wuality have to do with ODIs and 20/20?
    3. I don't think he has even been selected for a Test squad let alone played a Test

  10. #10
    International Regular
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,536
    He is a test quality player, but at the moment there isn't a position in the team, but soon I reckon his brother might make way for him.

    He is also a good limited over player, look at a couple of his good knocks and his tour of the West Indies last year and you will see that. He hasn't quite found his consistency he has in domestic cricket, but he should remain in the ODI team while Symonds is out, the Twenty20 team and hopefully he will find himself in the test match side soon, but Ferguson might take the first vaccant position.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    He been inconsistent for most of his domestic career apart from a couple standout periods here and there. Not sure why anyone is suprised he hasn't preformed consistently at ODI level. Was never good enough in the first place. Should bring North in, his a finisher and can bowl and is a better fielder. Though he was even more inconsistent at domestic level with the bat for most of his career as well.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

    Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

    RIP WCC and CW Cricket

    Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

  12. #12
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,223
    Unfortunately, Duss is just one of several guys who are all trying to prove themselves at once, and it makes for an uncertain and under-performing side IMO.

    To me, Clarke is completely and utterly wasted at number one, and Haddin's pretty much the same, though I see him as more capable than Clarke in that role.

    Assuming fitness and form are all well for the Aussies, then this side bears little if any resemblance to a full strength outfit. It's little wonder they're struggling for consistency really.

    Personally, if they're all about the place I'd have:

    Watson
    Darsh
    Ponting
    Clarke
    Symonds
    Hussey, M
    Haddin
    Johnson
    Lee
    Hauritz
    Bracken

    Maybe some tinkering with the bowlers, but that's not a bad outfit really. Four front line bowlers, two of whom (Lee and Bracken) are top shelf. The bits and pieces 10 overs to come from Watson/ Symonds/ Clarke. If either of Johnson or Hauritz aren't the mustard, then Clark/ Tait/ Siddle et al are all on the edges of the side and worth including.

    Edit: It may well be I've completely over-looked one or more players who should either be certainties or at least in with a shout, but frankly I care so little for ODI cricket these days that I really couldn't give a fig if I have.

    Honestly, care factor zero for this ODI series, same for ours at home as well. I've always preferred tests but have enjoyed ODIs all the same. I don't know why, but I'm seriously becoming just about completely and utterly ****ty about ODIs now days.

    Maybe they need a two year moratorium on ODIs, then bring them back. Might make me appreciate them a bit more.
    Last edited by Burgey; 06-04-2009 at 12:47 AM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

  13. #13
    International Regular Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,903
    Damien Martyn got more chances than this. So no, leave him.

  14. #14
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Unfortunately, Duss is just one of several guys who are all trying to prove themselves at once, and it makes for an uncertain and under-performing side IMO.

    To me, Clarke is completely and utterly wasted at number one, and Haddin's pretty much the same, though I see him as more capable than Clarke in that role.

    Assuming fitness and form are all well for the Aussies, then this side bears little if any resemblance to a full strength outfit. It's little wonder they're struggling for consistency really.

    Personally, if they're all about the place I'd have:

    Watson
    Darsh
    Ponting
    Clarke
    Symonds
    Hussey, M
    Haddin
    Johnson
    Lee
    Hauritz
    Bracken

    Maybe some tinkering with the bowlers, but that's not a bad outfit really. Four front line bowlers, two of whom (Lee and Bracken) are top shelf. The bits and pieces 10 overs to come from Watson/ Symonds/ Clarke. If either of Johnson or Hauritz aren't the mustard, then Clark/ Tait/ Siddle et al are all on the edges of the side and worth including.

    Edit: It may well be I've completely over-looked one or more players who should either be certainties or at least in with a shout, but frankly I care so little for ODI cricket these days that I really couldn't give a fig if I have.

    Honestly, care factor zero for this ODI series, same for ours at home as well. I've always preferred tests but have enjoyed ODIs all the same. I don't know why, but I'm seriously becoming just about completely and utterly ****ty about ODIs now days.

    Maybe they need a two year moratorium on ODIs, then bring them back. Might make me appreciate them a bit more.
    Swap Watson with Haddin, IMO. Not much between them as openers but Watson's much, much better than Haddin down the order.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

  15. #15
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Edit: It may well be I've completely over-looked one or more players who should either be certainties or at least in with a shout, but frankly I care so little for ODI cricket these days that I really couldn't give a fig if I have.

    Honestly, care factor zero for this ODI series, same for ours at home as well. I've always preferred tests but have enjoyed ODIs all the same. I don't know why, but I'm seriously becoming just about completely and utterly ****ty about ODIs now days.

    Maybe they need a two year moratorium on ODIs, then bring them back. Might make me appreciate them a bit more.
    Cos Australia lose a lot more of them then they did 3 years ago?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Most dominant sports-people of all time?
    By AlanJLegend in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 13-03-2010, 07:12 AM
  2. All Time Sri Lankan Test XI
    By grant28 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 24-03-2009, 06:05 PM
  3. Greatest WWE Intercontinental Champion of All Time
    By masterblaster in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 20-03-2009, 07:19 AM
  4. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 06:39 PM
  5. Current & All Time Best Captain?
    By laksh_01 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 12:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •